Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

The new Congress is still weeks away from being sworn in, but one Republican congressman has already written a national concealed carry reciprocity bill to submit to it.

North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson on Monday released the details of the bill he plans to introduce in the next session.

The bill would allow anybody with a valid concealed carry permit from the state they live in to carry a gun in any other state.

“Our Second Amendment right doesn’t disappear when we cross state lines, and I plan to introduce legislation in the first days of the 115th Congress to guarantee that,” Hudson told the Daily Caller.

“The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is a common sense bill to provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits.”

“As a member of President-elect [Donald] Trump’s Second Amendment Coalition,” Hudson continued, “I look forward to working with the administration to advance policies that support and protect our right to keep and bear arms.”

The text of the proposal, first reported by the Caller, would prevent more restrictive states from prohibiting those from out of state from legally carrying a gun.

It would require those carrying a gun to also carry the permit from their state and government-issued picture ID. They would also be required to follow the state’s laws on concealed carry.

The law would also allow anybody who is wrongfully prosecuted for carrying in a neighboring state to seek lawyers fees from that state.

A national reciprocity bill is at the top of gun rights activists’ wish lists for the coming Republican administration.

Along with a pro-gun Supreme Court nominee and reform of silencer laws, sources within the major Second Amendment advocacy groups said national reciprocity is likely to be what they push for in the new year. Nobody is positive about how the timing will shake out, but activists remain excited about the prospects of all three policies.
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/nationa...next-congress/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

I would love to see it.

that being said, I am not betting on it.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

I might have to take up temporary residency in PA then as well. Just so I can carry in NJ.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I might have to take up temporary residency in PA then as well. Just so I can carry in NJ.
    the form you would fill out to carry in the people's republic, is the same form for a license to run a car dealership.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

What is a "government-issued picture ID"? Is that a state drivers license or would you need a passport?

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE="They would also be required to follow the state’s laws on concealed carry."[/QUOTE]
    This is were all the laws should be common across all states
    "fom my cold dead hands"

(Chester County)

You must follow state law. We would all still get arrested as we cross the Delaware with those "illegal" hollow points. Howard Eskin actually had the audacity to say on air (FM 94.1) "you can only buy them on the black market" (maybe not verbatim, but close enough). Off topic, but that really rubbed me the wrong way.

(Bucks County)

Following the states laws don't help you if the state says you can't have them. Good first try but this bill is flawed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    You must follow state law. We would all still get arrested as we cross the Delaware with those "illegal" hollow points. Howard Eskin actually had the audacity to say on air (FM 94.1) "you can only buy them on the black market" (maybe not verbatim, but close enough). Off topic, but that really rubbed me the wrong way.
    All sports "reporters" rub me the wrong way.

They all seem like pompous rabid libtard assholes to me.

(Beaver County)

Reporters all want to be commentators.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast