Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Done for the year, I guess.

My hunting buddy, my 17 year old daughter, blew out her knee while playing soccer. She had exploratory surgery a month or so ago. We went out on opening day but she was unwilling to risk her knee by walking around in the woods. We just sat on my uncle's back porch hoping a the 10 point he says he sees out there would show up. Didn't even see a doe. There were three other hunters who headed up to the ridges and they saw a grand total of four doe.

I came out on Friday by myself because my lovely wife decided that taking a day off of school to go hunt is not good so my daughter stayed at home. She was angry. I got up to our spot just below the ridge at around 0745. Heard a gobbler. Sat around for two or three hours doing not much of anything. One doe walked out in front of me about 45 feet away. She saw me and looked at me for a while trying to figure out what I was. Then she snorted once or twice and took off. Over to my right I saw a tail flopping up and down. So, two deer. I ended up spending 7 hours in the woods and that was all I saw.

Daughter has for real surgery this Friday so she can't go out again. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe next year.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Done for the year, I guess.

Hope it's a simple arthroscopic procedure and that your daughter makes a speedy recovery...she'll be skiing by late January...
    - bamboomaster

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Hope it's a simple arthroscopic procedure and that your daughter makes a speedy recovery...she'll be skiing by late January...
    Thanks for the good wishes!

It's full on surgery. She's going to be down for 6 weeks. She'll be staying at home with a daily visit from a school teacher to drop off/pick up homework and proctor tests. Hopefully she will also have plenty of friends stop by for visits. Then she gets to look forward to 6 to 8 months of PT.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastsrfr View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes!

It's full on surgery. She's going to be down for 6 weeks. She'll be staying at home with a daily visit from a school teacher to drop off/pick up homework and proctor tests. Hopefully she will also have plenty of friends stop by for visits. Then she gets to look forward to 6 to 8 months of PT.
    Wow! Sorry to hear about this...

Once, we were all young and invincible. I know that you, the rest of the family, and friends will provide her great support. Please keep us posted on her progress.
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Second tail was the buck. They always send the doe ahead. Sorry for the blown-out knee. Hope it heals quickly and perfectly.

Friends son tore something lateral playing soccer. Damaged the growth plate. Medicos electively surgically reduced the growth plate in the other leg so his legs would be of reasonably equal length when finished growing. They figure he would have been a couple of inches taller if all this had not happened.