Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ergo Never Quit Magwell Grip for AR15 - Initial Thoughts

After putting together an AR15 pistol I found that the balance point is different than a carbine and that while I had never before used a support hand hold on the magazine well of a carbine, my hand sort of fell there naturally as I handled the new pistol. Hmmmm...

I started Googling and it seems I am not alone - especially when it comes to pistols and SBRs.
    There are very few magwell grip products on the market and most seem more bulky than I wanted, or just flat out look tacky.
    The Mako brand grip looks promising as far as "finger grooves" go, but it just looks gawd-awful ugly to me, so when I saw this Ergo brand grip I did some reading and liked it's "minimalist" design, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Ergo Never Quit Magwell Grip
    About $20

As installed on my AR15 pistol...

Installation requires the removal of the trigger guard. (or just the front pin so you can swing it down out of the way)
    Will not work on lowers with integrated trigger guards.

Pardon my photos. I didn't get all of them in sharp focus but wanted to give as many views as possible since that was something I couldn't really find when researching this product. Hope it is useful to someone out there.

Installation will partially cover your logo and such. No big deal - everyone can still tell that I used an Anderson lower and will be super-impressed by my choice of top-tier parts.

The Ergo Never Quit magwell grip is made of a rubber material and is molded to match the contours of the lower.
    It does fit quite snugly and has a minimal gap along the top edge - a much nicer fit than I had anticipated.
    There is very subtle texturing on the sides and the front has what appears to be a finger groove although it really doesn't line up with my hand the way I grip it.
    Either way, the finger groove isn't something that feels "wrong" in my hand and the horizontal ridge can only help keep a good grip.

This view shows the slight "palm swell" towards the front. It is identical on both sides - suitable for left or right handed shooters.

I will break this up to avoid being quoted with a dozen photos over and over.

Continued below...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ergo Never Quit Magwell Grip for AR15 - Initial Thoughts

A nice clear view of fitment and the trigger guard area...

Opposite side. Note again the swell at the front...
    Also note the "ERGO Grip" logo - I found items on Amazon for half the price that appear identical but have a different logo in the circle. I assume them to be Chinese copies.

Upward view. Note the swell. Also note that while it appears that there is a "flappy" gap along the top edge, it's actually pretty closely fit and snug.
    This thing does NOT move once installed. The molded contours and overall design keep it firmly in place. If there were any sloppy feel to it it would already be posted in the classifieds - I HATE anything that feels sloppy, or rattles.

Continued below...
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 4th, 2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

(Allegheny County)

Last batch of photos!

A few clear shots of the front gripping area...

(Allegheny County)

Overall I am pleased with the product.
    It does what it says it will do and is well made and unobtrusive. The appearance, size, and weight is subtle enough as to not distract from anything.
    The color is a nice, flat black and blends well and the grip is removable in seconds requiring no modifications.

In comparing my hold on this grip vs another carbine without it, I find my pinky finger and bottom of my palm tend to press more into the magazine itself. (without the magwell grip)
    When using the Ergo grip, there's something more meaty to grasp onto which not only gives a better grip, but keeps my palm and finger from applying any pressure on the magazine itself. They may still TOUCH the mag, but not in a "gripping" manner - all the grip pressure is distributed across the Ergo Never Quit magwell grip.

Hope you enjoyed.

(Allegheny County)

I can tell this isn't arfcom.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can tell this isn't arfcom.

I think it's ugly and not necessary so I refrained from commenting but since you feel left out...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I think it's ugly and not necessary so I refrained from commenting but since you feel left out...

HAHA!

Ugly? A little. The least ugly of any of the ones I could find. It's fairly unnoticeable in person actually.

Not necessary? Meh. There's a TON of shit that can go on an AR15 that isn't "necessary".
    Aftermarket grips, stocks, and handguards are just a few items that aren't necessary, but...

This actually does provide an improved gripping surface, so while not necessary, it is functional as designed.

(Allegheny County)

I prefer a vertical grip but you don't have that option so long as it fits your needs that's all that matters.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    HAHA!

Ugly? A little. The least ugly of any of the ones I could find. It's fairly unnoticeable in person actually.

Not necessary? Meh. There's a TON of shit that can go on an AR15 that isn't "necessary".
    Aftermarket grips, stocks, and handguards are just a few items that aren't necessary, but...

This actually does provide an improved gripping surface, so while not necessary, it is functional as designed.
    I'm thinking of building up mine with free Gorilla Tape from work!

Hey, if it works for you then all the better!!!

(Allegheny County)

It's Ok EM.... I've put some stupid stuff on my AR's before also

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast