Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default National Reciprocity from PA thru NJ and NY guns that artent alllowed

ok , if National Reciprocity is passed

what guns would be legal to pass from PA thru NJ and Ny ?

i know PA is a pre-emptive state , but NY and NJ arent , couldnt this open a can of worms ?

i asking cause im in PA but work in NY , so i drive back and forth thru NJ then to Ny

as i understand , in NYC a carry gun , which is very rare , only a 7 rd mag, 3.5 in barrel is allowed ...

so what makes/models would everyone recommend ? i think maybe a S & W shield

(Delaware County)

Default Re: National Reciprocity from PA thru NJ and NY guns that artent alllowed

National reciprosity is a bad idea...Constitutional carry across every State is better served. Don't want the feds legislating State rights....

Answer to your question....everything should be legal across all States....

(York County)

Default Re: National Reciprocity from PA thru NJ and NY guns that artent alllowed

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    National reciprosity is a bad idea...Constitutional carry across every State is better served. Don't want the feds legislating State rights....

I think national reciprocity - if done correctly, is a good option.

Done right = simple legislation: in layman's terms - "Each state must honor each other state's carry permit" No requirements, conditions or 'national' carry card. Just like Driver's License. NY can continue to make it near impossible to get a NY permit. PA can continue as is. But if I stray into NY carrying my gun and a PA permit, I don't get tossed in jail. I think it's the best and most -realistic to get passed- combo of states rights and 2A.

I too would prefer national constitutional carry. But I think that's less likely to get passed than "simple" reciprocity.
    DGAF

yes but that doesn't solve the legal/illegal gun issues.
    using the car example:
    tinted windows may be legal in one state/jurisdiction, but illegal in a neighboring one, and be ticketed in the latter.
    a vehicle modification (height, exhaust, lights) might be legal in one place, and illegal in another.
    just because you're a "resident" of the former doesn't mean the enforcers in the latter can't persecute you.

(Chester County)

Based on bills previously introduced and about to die in committee, I suspect that "National Reciprocity" will NOT impact general state/local restrictions regarding types of handguns carried, magazine limits nor ammunition types allowed.

In effect, with a CCW from any state, it would only confer the ability to carry a handgun in a state of which you are not a resident. You would be under the same restrictions placed on residents of the state you are current occupying.

“(b) Conditions and limitations.—The possession or carrying of a concealed handgun in a State under this section shall be subject to the same conditions and limitations, except as to eligibility to possess or carry, imposed by or under Federal or State law or the law of a political subdivision of a State, that apply to the possession or carrying of a concealed handgun by residents of the State or political subdivision who are licensed by the State or political subdivision to do so, or not prohibited by the State from doing so.
    S498, HR923

ETA - There is a draft of a bill for the new session that is vastly superior in that is does not have the "condition and limitations" as shown above and provides civil remedies for those unjustly aggrieved while carrying under the bill: http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...ep.-Hudson.pdf Whether this language will be in the final introduced bill and then survive the Committee process in another matter.
    Last edited by tl_3237; December 7th, 2016 at 03:05 PM.
    IANAL

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

States don't have rights, they only have the powers enumerated under the US and State Constitutions. All rights are reserved to the People. What powers not specifically enumerated are reserved to the States, and People.

And Amendment XIV fully empowers the US Government to secure the People's individual rights across the many States.

And Constitutional Carry will NEVER happen in every state under the respective State laws. So, since the US Government can force states to honor our rights, and that some states will never honor our rights on the state level - federally forced reciprocity is the answer.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Based on bills previously introduced and about to die in committee, I suspect that "National Reciprocity" will NOT impact general state/local restrictions regarding types of handguns carried, magazine limits nor ammunition types allowed.

In effect, with a CCW from any state, it would only confer the ability to carry a handgun in a state of which you are not a resident. You would be under the same restrictions placed on residents of the state you are current occupying.

S498, HR923

Yep.

With National Reciprocity, your PA license would be valid in NY, NJ, MD, etc - you would still have to abide by that state's laws on possession of lawful devices. In example: lawful magazine capacity, "assault weapon bans", prohibited places, etc.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    States don't have rights, they only have the powers enumerated under the US and State Constitutions. All rights are reserved to the People. What powers not specifically enumerated are reserved to the States, and People.
    Yes... and no. The Feds have only their enumerated rights. The rest are left to the states or the people. So how do we determine that?

We determine that by state constitutions. Typically states' rights are whatever is NOT enumerated in the federal constitution, but IS enumerated in their individual state constitution: The rest is left to the people, by both federal and state constitution.

For me it's simple. The Federal Government should stick to what is enumerated (and ONLY what's enumerated) in the Federal Constitution. Then States should stick to what is enumerated (and ONLY what's enumerated) in their Constitutions. The rest is up to we the people, in each state.
    DGAF

(Clearfield County)

Let me break it down for you.

Even if there is national reciprocity passed if you are caught in NY or NJ with any pistol you are going to jail. NJ and NY do not give a fuck what the national law is, you can tell it to the judge.

(Pike County)

this is wahat i meant

wouldnt it be more prudent to maybe to share any info on what can or cannot be carried in the anti gun states ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast