Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Wife robbed in philly

A little background first. So let me start off by saying I have a tumor in my spinal cord. They found it 6 years ago and it's been getting worse ever since. 6 weeks ago it got so bad I started loosing my balance and falling so my wife made me go see my neurosurgeon in philly at Jefferson. He prescribed a strong steroid to prepare me for surgery and sent me home. 2 weeks later my right knee swelled up and hurt like hell. Went back to see him and he said I had an infection and referred me to infectious disease. They set me up to have the septic bursa removed and the infected area cleaned out. Yesterday was my follow up visit with infectious disease. Everything in my knee was looking great. I was sure that after my visit I would be cleared for surgery and I could get this ball rolling. Well we arrived at Jefferson yesterday at 9 am parked in the usual garage but my wife needed to use the restroom first so we walked out a different door than usual and headed down the street to infectious disease. So I'm looking for the office building and trying to get my bearings when I hear my wife yell "YOU PIECE OF SHIT....HONEY,HONEY" so I turn around and see this punk kid wrestling with my wife. So I stagger up and crack him over the head with my cane, but he kept struggling with her so I took him to the ground and began raining down punches on him like a cage fighter. About a minute later we're surrounded by philly pd. My wife says as we were walking down the sidewalk this guy was walking towards us. I never noticed him as I was trying to find the office building we were headed to. As soon as he passed us he snuck up behind her and grabbed the cell phone and wallet out of her hand. Her pockets weren't large enough to fit them in so she just decided to carry them. First mistake. Both of us left our carry guns in the truck in the parking garage as there are metal detectors to pass through. But it's a good thing I guess as I don't know what choice I would have made in the heat of the moment with a thug wrestling with my wife. He was unarmed. The police charged him with robery,assault, and when the searched his bag they found a heroin kit.

Default Re: Wife robbed in philly

You and your wife better say a prayer, REALLY lucky. Glad to hear the cops were on it that fast!
    And get better busa dave.

Quote Originally Posted by busa dave View Post
    A little background first. So let me start off by saying I have a tumor in my spinal cord. They found it 6 years ago and it's been getting worse ever since. 6 weeks ago it got so bad I started loosing my balance and falling so my wife made me go see my neurosurgeon in philly at Jefferson. He prescribed a strong steroid to prepare me for surgery and sent me home. 2 weeks later my right knee swelled up and hurt like hell. Went back to see him and he said I had an infection and referred me to infectious disease. They set me up to have the septic bursa removed and the infected area cleaned out. Yesterday was my follow up visit with infectious disease. Everything in my knee was looking great. I was sure that after my visit I would be cleared for surgery and I could get this ball rolling. Well we arrived at Jefferson yesterday at 9 am parked in the usual garage but my wife needed to use the restroom first so we walked out a different door than usual and headed down the street to infectious disease. So I'm looking for the office building and trying to get my bearings when I hear my wife yell "YOU PIECE OF SHIT....HONEY,HONEY" so I turn around and see this punk kid wrestling with my wife. So I stagger up and crack him over the head with my cane, but he kept struggling with her so I took him to the ground and began raining down punches on him like a cage fighter. About a minute later we're surrounded by philly pd. My wife says as we were walking down the sidewalk this guy was walking towards us. I never noticed him as I was trying to find the office building we were headed to. As soon as he passed us he snuck up behind her and grabbed the cell phone and wallet out of her hand. Her pockets weren't large enough to fit them in so she just decided to carry them. First mistake. Both of us left our carry guns in the truck in the parking garage as there are metal detectors to pass through. But it's a good thing I guess as I don't know what choice I would have made in the heat of the moment with a thug wrestling with my wife. He was unarmed. The police charged him with robery,assault, and when the searched his bag they found a heroin kit.
    Glad you beat his ass. I hope he overdoses. And I am sorry to hear about your health. Hope you get well soon

(Berks County)

Glad to hear that worked out as well, now let's hope all goes as well with that tumor!

(Berks County)

Thanks guys. Sadly the knee that I just had surgery on got ripped open in the maylay. So I had to get 12 stitches and another round of antibiotics. The docs are concerned that it's the same knee I just had the severe infection in. And philly sidewalks aren't very clean.

(Philadelphia County)

Glad you both are okay and that you were able to give the crook a little bit of "act right".I hope you were able to bust him up a little.
    People ain't havin it!...a few days ago some punk with a gun tried to rob a guy but the "victim" was able to get his gun out and fire some shots into both of the punk's legs.I don't think he will ever walk normally again if at at all......good for him.
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 7th, 2016 at 07:40 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Yes sir. Punks face was quite swollen when philly pd arrived. Must of hit his head when he fell

(Philadelphia County)

Yep,those sidewalks can be nasty.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

1. Nice job protecting your own.

2. Get well.

3. Get a heavier cane...

(Delaware County)

What building is your doctor in?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast