Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Colts tooling marks

I hate posting these kinds of threads, but seriously why is it that just about every other firearm manufacturer can release a product without tooling marks, but Colt can't? I've owned a dozen or so AR's over the past decade from 4 different manufacturers, and Colt is the one that always seems to have issues when it comes to cosmetics.

Latest Colt purchase was a Colt A4, a rifle I've actually been waiting on for the better part of a year or more and as usual, once I got it home I noticed cosmetic issues I didn't see in the shop, this time it's a chip in the lower that occurred prior to anodizing. I've had rifles or lowers made by Bushmaster, RRA, Noveske, Quentin Defense, LMT, and have handled scores of rifles by other manufacturers, and it seems like Colt is consistently the one that has issues like this...

How much would this bother you guys, if at all?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Colts tooling marks

it dosent bother me. i actually like the savings of buying blem lowers. as far as being a colt, it still dosent really bother me. if i wanted to build a rifle to look perfect i would by a billet set.

Quote Originally Posted by messeduprex View Post
    it dosent bother me. i actually like the savings of buying blem lowers. as far as being a colt, it still dosent really bother me. if i wanted to build a rifle to look perfect i would by a billet set.
    right, but this wasn't a blem...it's a new factory rifle..

I've got a touch of OCD I guess, so sometimes these things bother me...
    Last edited by glocke12; December 3rd, 2016 at 01:58 AM.

(Delaware County)

I will let you know once I receive my new Colt A4....

(Berks County)

Circle what your talking about. I see things but I'm not sure what you are looking at and I don't want to point you to more flaws.

Colt makes guns for the military. Those others might sell to military but they foremost sell to civillians. Consequently finish being eye pleasing is going to be high on their list.

My opinion is you are nit picking. People do this with guns all the time. They do it in coins too. Now if you were willing to pay 10 times for a MS 70 Colt AR I'm quite sure a market spring up to serve you.

If you really want to spend a premium on something and then find tons of flaws, try Harley Davidson. My personal favorite motorcycle.

(Erie County)

Can't remember tooling marks being mentioned in the TDP, but IMO, you're GTG, so shoot a lot, and often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Armstrong County)

Did you accept the rifle and complete the transfer?
    If you ordered it, and it's not what you want, don't take it, send it back and get what you paid for.

To me, it's no big deal. It's not my money though.
    You don't have buy it if it's not to your liking.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Chester County)

My Colt M4/6920 has not tool marks. It is two years old. That small mark does not bother be however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Circle what your talking about. I see things but I'm not sure what you are looking at and I don't want to point you to more flaws.

Colt makes guns for the military. Those others might sell to military but they foremost sell to civillians. Consequently finish being eye pleasing is going to be high on their list.

My opinion is you are nit picking. People do this with guns all the time. They do it in coins too. Now if you were willing to pay 10 times for a MS 70 Colt AR I'm quite sure a market spring up to serve you.

If you really want to spend a premium on something and then find tons of flaws, try Harley Davidson. My personal favorite motorcycle.
    small chip right above the trigger...

i know...im crazy...but once i start seeing these things my OCD gets the best of me.

what things do you see that I don't so I can have more to obsess about ?

(Clearfield County)

You forgot internet firearm rule #32

A flaw on a cheap gun is proof that it is an absolute piece of shit and you're an idiot for buying it.

A flaw on an expensive gun is totally fine and only an idiot would complain about it.

I was once told that the reason one of my pistols didn't feed certain bullet profiles is because its so well designed.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast