Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Grab A Gun is a scam

i just used them for a rifle and other items... decent prices and quick shipping.

(York County)

Well... I'm gonna give 'em a shot. Just ordered something from them this week.

Initially... a bit disappointed that a Thursday AM order didn't get into the mail by Friday so now it won't go 'til at least Monday. In my own online business, we particularly try to ensure that Thursday (and even Friday morning) orders get into the mail so folks don't have to wait through the weekend.

But we'll see. If it goes out on Monday, I'll mark that 'acceptable' and see how the rest goes.
    DGAF

(York County)

In the end I give them a "C"... Why?

1) Ordered Thursday, didn't actually 'ship' until following Monday and wasn't actually in the shipper's hands until Tuesday. "Acceptable, not great"... So maybe now we're at a "B"

2) Shipped via "UPS Mail Innovations" which (along with Fedex Smartpost) is the slowest of the slow. Any time one carrier brings it cross-country, then turns it over to USPS for final delivery will always take more time. Arrived today (Saturday). So basically 6 days from order to on-the-way, then 5 days to get a small package from TX-to-PA. Irony is the entire package weighs 7 oz. So could have been shipped regular First Class for both cheaper AND faster. "B" goes down to a "C"

An "A" would have been

1) In the mail Friday. My package is 'moving' over the weekend vs. waiting.
    2) USPS First Class mail: likely gets it to me Mon-Tues for no extra cost (likely cheaper). 5-6 days for the whole process.

So it's not awful, not a 'fail' and I'll not put them in my "no" list. But they're definitely on the 'only if I can't get it elsewhere and I'm willing to wait a couple weeks to get it' list... And frankly, I'll often pay a bit more for something that comes in a couple days.

Full disclosure: arguably a "B-"... Probably dinged them slightly for the fact that it arrived today 1 hour AFTER I left for the range. Grrr. OTOH, now I have an excuse to go the range tomorrow and try out the new thing...
    Last edited by KCJones; March 25th, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
    DGAF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123