Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default 45LC - 454 Casull Rifle Suppressor Host

Since I've picked up the addiction of the 45LC/454Casull revolvers, along with my semi-auto suppressor addiction, I thought it would be cool to have a long gun in 454 Casull range that could be threaded for a suppressor.

I've seen the T/C and Rossi in that flavor are there any others out there?

This is going to be a range toy or for use when a critter from the exotic animal park near the Grove City Outlets gets loose and tries to take a bath in my hot tub. That's the best excuse I could come up with to get approval from my financial coordinator (aka WIFE).

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 45LC - 454 Casull Rifle Suppressor Host

got a big budget? http://www.bighornarmory.com/catalog...-454-casull-5/

Another thought...what about taking a good quality revolver like a S&W x frame, ruger super red/blackhawk or magnum research BFR, mating a long barrel and a stock to it and calling it a rifle?

(Butler County)

That is a beautiful rifle, but outside my budget. And the revolver idea would work, if they had a sealed chamber to play nice with the suppressor.

Does anyone else make a rifle similar to this?

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/inte...unter-katahdin

This one is at the top of my list. Then the rest of the budget will be spent on barrel threading, moving the front sight back and the suppressor.

My buddy has a Rossi Lever Action in 454, but there doesn't look to be too much extra material at the end of the barrel to allow for the threading. And modifying the tube magazine is not something I want to get involved with.

(Blair County)

want something different look at this .they make 45colt leaver actions .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXc0rm6dzVs

(Armstrong County)

I would personally stick to a 45 Colt chambered rifle and forget the 454 chambered gun. 99% of pistol rated suppressors probably won't/can't handle the pressure of the 454 Casull cartridge. And you also will have a sonic crack, which you probably already know. It's not a big deal, just know it going into it.

45-70 is another option. Load up some 305/350/400gr with about 11gr of Trail boss and call it a day.
    18" barrel with a sub 45-70 load is about the same or less pressure than a 5" 45acp. So a standard 45cal pistol can will work just for sub loads ONLY.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Cumberland County)

What about doing something with the circuit judge? Having shot one several times and finding it pleasant and fun could be a good beginning.

(Jefferson County)

.454Casull = 65K PSI or so... Same pressure as a .270Win.

.45Colt = much, much, much pressure. A .45ACP suppressor should be able to handle it so long as the .45Colt is spec pressures. However, .45Colt uses slightly larger diameter bullets than .45ACP - so that may be a factor if the "tube" of the suppressor is tight.

Just make sure your suppressor can handle that.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    What about doing something with the circuit judge? Having shot one several times and finding it pleasant and fun could be a good beginning.
    As far as I know, those function as a typical revolver. There is a gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone allowing gas to escape and completely negating the idea of a suppressor. Which is why he's looking for a sealed breech rifle.
    The Negant revolver is the only one capable of being suppressed.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50