Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default New Purchase for myself

So a few years back I had to sell my G19 (the only gun I owned) due to financial issues. I've been dragging my feet for the past few years to get another one but had an incident occur that was too close to home. So I went this weekend and put a G43 on layaway. I had a tough debate on whether or not to get a CC gun or go back to my 19 (struggled to carry it comfortably). Looking my forward to picking up the 43 after the holidays and putting some rounds through it. Definitely will be getting the 19 in the near future to have the both of best worlds.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: New Purchase for myself

Congrats on the soon to be yours G43. Great cc piece. I think you'll like it. A G43 has been on my hip for six+ months and I'm NOT really a Glock guy. I think they really did a fine job with the 43 and lots of aftermarket goodies.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GruGrux515 View Post
    So a few years back I had to sell my G19 (the only gun I owned) due to financial issues. I've been dragging my feet for the past few years to get another one but had an incident occur that was too close to home. So I went this weekend and put a G43 on layaway. I had a tough debate on whether or not to get a CC gun or go back to my 19 (struggled to carry it comfortably). Looking my forward to picking up the 43 after the holidays and putting some rounds through it. Definitely will be getting the 19 in the near future to have the both of best worlds.
    Grats on the G43 and even more so congrats for getting motivated to get back to carrying again.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by warpath9809 View Post
    Congrats on the soon to be yours G43. Great cc piece. I think you'll like it. A G43 has been on my hip for six+ months and I'm NOT really a Glock guy. I think they really did a fine job with the 43 and lots of aftermarket goodies.
    Thanks I'm def looking forward to it. I could of stood in the gun shop for hours and not been able to decide so I just committed to one. Higher capacity would be nice, especially for home defense, but I figured any gun initially is better then none at all

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats, you will enjoy the G43. I know you are concerned about cost. Hold back on the G19 for awhile, and invest in either the LaserMax guide rod, or night sights.
    P.S. Amazon had the best price for the LaserMax guide rod.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Lawrence County)

Thanks I'm def looking forward to it. I could of stood in the gun shop for hours and not been able to decide so I just committed to one. Higher capacity would be nice, especially for home defense, but I figured any gun initially is better then none at all
    I got the Streamlight TLR6, Trijicon night sights, a few extra mags, Taran Tactical +2 &+3 mag extensions, and a S3F Soultion barrel. They are all good products and you can get them slowly over time as funds permit.
    Last edited by warpath9809; November 29th, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

(Delaware County)

Why the struggle to carry a G19? Not that big. Not much on Glocks, but I did shoot a 43. Nice gun!!
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by warpath9809 View Post
    I got the Streamlight TLR6, Trijicon night sights, a few extra mags, Taran Tactical +2 &+3 mag extensions, and a S3F Soultion barrel. They are all good products and you can get them slowly over time as funds permit.
    I definitely want to get night sights for mine eventually. I know Trijicon makes a good sight but I was also looking at the TruGlo TFX.

Is the Streamlight something that is easy to take on and off? Looks like a good option for nighttime home defense.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    Why the struggle to carry a G19? Not that big. Not much on Glocks, but I did shoot a 43. Nice gun!!
    I thought it was on the heavy side and a little too bulky, but loved the way it shot. I think even if I went with the 19 I would still want the 43 at some point. Tough decisions. I think part of the reason I settled for the 43 was because they seem to be harder to come by then a 19 or 17, so I figured since I found one I might as well get it before I can't find one in the future.

(Lawrence County)

I definitely want to get night sights for mine eventually. I know Trijicon makes a good sight but I was also looking at the TruGlo TFX.

Is the Streamlight something that is easy to take on and off? Looks like a good option for nighttime home defense.
    The Streamlight is pretty much a "put on stay on" thing. Decent kydex holsters are pretty cheap and pretty good on Ebay that fit the 43 with the TLR-6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast