Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default $50 Cabela's Gift Card For Only $40!! - FREE Mail Delivery - Limit 5

$50 Cabela's Gift Card For Only $40!! - FREE Mail Delivery - Limit 5

5,290 sold in 24 hours. More than 87% sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Cabelas-G...-/302148506654

I have bought these gift cards from this seller many times in the past.

Edit: Sorry, sold out now. 10:37 AM.
    Last edited by xotech; November 26th, 2016 at 11:37 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: $50 Cabela's Gift Card For Only $40!! - FREE Mail Delivery - Limit 5

Back in stock:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/302149763058

3,269 sold
    More than 86% sold

(Berks County)

Default Re: $50 Cabela's Gift Card For Only $40!! - FREE Mail Delivery - Limit 5

Sold out now. I did see this post at about 01:30 and ordered 4 more. Didn't get a shipped notice yet for last week's order.

Some people claim that they receive cards which are not loaded but they don't specifically state what business the cards are for.

(Lancaster County)

Someone please explain the business model of the guy selling those cards? Since their gift cards, they're to be prepaid the amount on the card. If what he was doing is legitimate, he would be losing lots of money. So it stands to reason he isn't operating legitimately and a certain number of cards a going to be empty, or he just doesn't send them out.

I hope no one here actually falls for that scam, but at least now I understand all those listings on CL I see for people offering to buy giftcards, used or not.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Tioga County)

It's said they are a big wholesaler of cards.

Gift cards are big money makers for retailers as many people never use them.

I ordered 5, so I'll let people know what I get.

Cabela's has a place on their website where you can check your gift card balance:

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/giftcard_balance.jsp

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Someone please explain the business model of the guy selling those cards? Since their gift cards, they're to be prepaid the amount on the card. If what he was doing is legitimate, he would be losing lots of money. So it stands to reason he isn't operating legitimately and a certain number of cards a going to be empty, or he just doesn't send them out.

I hope no one here actually falls for that scam, but at least now I understand all those listings on CL I see for people offering to buy giftcards, used or not.
    The seller (SVM) is a reseller for Cabela's gift cards, (and many many other gift cards). The gift cards are purchased by him directly from Cabela's. He probably pays around $36 or $37 per $50 card, and has 30 days to pay his invoice for 10,000 cards. ($360,000.00) What he is doing is legitimate and not a scam. I have bought these particular Cabela's gift cards from this seller for about three years now. They have worked every time, both online and in the store. I have not bought any other kind or brand of gift cards from this seller.

About the seller:
    "SVM is a global leader in gasoline and retail gift card sales and distribution. With over 18 years in business and 160+ gasoline and retail partnerships, SVM is a gift card provider you can trust for all of your gift card needs!"

I also just bought a $100 worth of Apple iTunes gift cards for $84.49 at Costco yesterday. I have done this for several years now around Black Friday. I give them to my young nieces and nephews for Xmas presents.

Selling retail store gift cards at less then face value is big business for retailers. They wouldn't continue to do it year after year unless it was profitable for them.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by xotech View Post
    Selling retail store gift cards at less then face value is big business for retailers. They wouldn't continue to do it year after year unless it was profitable for them.
    It sounds like these are the new generation of 'loss-leaders' that get you into the store as well. Go in with a $50 card, walk out with $200 plus in merchandise, that you 'found' while you were there, or browsing the web site.

(Berks County)

I got a sales flyer for Sam's Club via USPS a few days ago and they are advertising discounted gift cards for various businesses.

Net search gives me this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/gift-ca...questid=359758

(Berks County)

Cabellas mails out cupons that do the same thing for free. Last week I went there and forgot my cupons, a guy leaving gave me his two out of the blue. The check out girl let me split my purchases and use both for $20 off. I did spend like $400 but it's hard not to in that store. Smith&Wesson 460, 50AE jack the bill quickly. I learnt to buy the big oddballs when I find them due to past shortages.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Cabellas mails out cupons that do the same thing for free. Last week I went there and forgot my cupons, a guy leaving gave me his two out of the blue. The check out girl let me split my purchases and use both for $20 off. I did spend like $400 but it's hard not to in that store. Smith&Wesson 460, 50AE jack the bill quickly. I learnt to buy the big oddballs when I find them due to past shortages.
    Yup, when I use my $20 off coupons, I pay with gift cards that I got for 20% off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast