Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Question Glock 20 conversion barrels

Hi all,
    I wanted to tap into the collective braintrust here to see what everyone recommends as far as conversion barrels go.

I am looking at converting my Glock 20 to shoot .40 or .357 Sig and was wondering if anyone here has had any marginal success with these aftermarket barrels? I am looking at KKM, Lonewolf and Barsto.

Default Re: Glock 20 conversion barrels

I had a lonewolf for 40-9 and it was awesome. Accuracy was pretty good and it was a drop in fit. Not sure about their other caliber conversion barrels but my experience was positive.

(Bucks County)

I called them today and they told me that i don't even need to get a different magazine. The Glock 20 mag should work just fine.

(York County)

I had a KKM .40 conversion for my G20. Good price and VERY accurate.

From what I've read (granted, its on the Internet), you don't even need a barrel to shoot 40 S&W out of your 10mm Glock. It would appear that a lot of competition shooters who use 10mm Glocks practice with 40 S&W using the 10mm barrel (and magazine, as you mentioned above).

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    From what I've read (granted, its on the Internet), you don't even need a barrel to shoot 40 S&W out of your 10mm Glock. It would appear that a lot of competition shooters who use 10mm Glocks practice with 40 S&W using the 10mm barrel (and magazine, as you mentioned above).
    That does not seem to make sense since the case headspaces on the mouth and the shorter case would go too deep into the longer 10mm barrel. But I have not tried it, so I could be missing something. The reason 38 specials fit a 357 magnum is because the rimmed case headspaces on the rim, and concurrently the 357 does not work in a 38 because they are longer.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    I had a KKM .40 conversion for my G20. Good price and VERY accurate.
    When you say "had", does that mean you don't any more? Should i be worried? I heard of a couple of KKMs go boom a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Yep. I am just worried about extractor wear.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    That does not seem to make sense since the case headspaces on the mouth and the shorter case would go too deep into the longer 10mm barrel. But I have not tried it, so I could be missing something. The reason 38 specials fit a 357 magnum is because the rimmed case headspaces on the rim, and concurrently the 357 does not work in a 38 because they are longer.
    You are correct. However, in a glock, the shorter .40 S&W is held in place by the extractor claw due to the shorter case length. The chamber does not get the chance to fully seat the round at the base of the barrel. That is why you can get away with it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    When you say "had", does that mean you don't any more? Should i be worried? I heard of a couple of KKMs go boom a while back.
    Nope, no problems with the barrel or pistol.... I just sold them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Nope, no problems with the barrel or pistol.... I just sold them.
    Thnks will definitely look at KKM then.

Spend the extra on the KKM. As said .40 and .357sig will work with only the conversion barrel, can use the G20 mags with both. THe 10mm head is approx the same dimensions as both cartridges. What is nice about the G20 and mags is you can load .40 and .357sig longer than you can in the .40 or .357sig Glocks. This isn't a big deal for the .40 but it opens up quite a few more bullet options for the sig.(9mm long ogive bullets) You could also get a 9X25 dillion if you want to push 9mm dia bullets even faster than the .357sig, still uses the same mags as the other 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast