Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Xtreme machining

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I followed this thread from day one... and I'm starting to think you are pulling are legs.. NO WAY would I or could I be so calm about an issue like this.. I would lose my shit over a $50 item let a lone a firearm costing hundreds of dollars!!!
    This
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Somerset County)

I sent all the paperwork in and I have a court date for June 9th. My problem is that if you felt that I pulled your leg why have you wasted your time and followed this thread ?? I'm still not understanding that.

(Berks County)

So some people think beating the shit out of the guy is the way to go? I'm not sure that would work out in your favor.

Hope you can collect from him.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I followed this thread from day one... and I'm starting to think you are pulling our legs.. NO WAY would I or could I be so calm about an issue like this.. I would lose my shit over a $50 item let a lone a firearm costing hundreds of dollars!!!
    I hope you get things made right!! and he gets what he deserves.... I Just wouldn't seem as calm and oh well... as you have been...

(Somerset County)

[QUOTE=JDA58;3560614]I hope you get things made right!! and he gets what he deserves.... I Just wouldn't seem as calm and oh well... as you have been...[/QUOTE
    I'm working on it, I have records of everything and I feel that I have a solid case. I think that it just took me some time to figure out that he was playing me...

(Pike County)

"...I'm working on it, I have records of everything and I feel that I have a solid case. I think that it just took me some time to figure out that he was playing me..."

While I think I'm with the majority here, I urge you to be prepared for possible disappointment.
    Here's why:

Courts decisions are notoriously tricky. You may win your case, the judge will order the defendant to pay restitution, even penalties... but you may not collect a penny.
    Various reasons for that - going from the guy moving to Florida or Acapulco to declaring bankruptcy - I'm sure you may think of others. :roll eyes:

On the other hand, a judgement will be entered against him - which is no small matter - and it may cause him troubles later on for a small amount of money - we're not talking about a costly gold plated rifle here.

Personally, I wish you good luck on the 9th.

Keep us posted, please.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Milford18337 View Post
    "...I'm working on it, I have records of everything and I feel that I have a solid case. I think that it just took me some time to figure out that he was playing me..."

While I think I'm with the majority here, I urge you to be prepared for possible disappointment.
    Here's why:

Courts decisions are notoriously tricky. You may win your case, the judge will order the defendant to pay restitution, even penalties... but you may not collect a penny.
    Various reasons for that - going from the guy moving to Florida or Acapulco to declaring bankruptcy - I'm sure you may think of others. :roll eyes:

On the other hand, a judgement will be entered against him - which is no small matter - and it may cause him troubles later on for a small amount of money - we're not talking about a costly gold plated rifle here.

Personally, I wish you good luck on the 9th.

Keep us posted, please.
    Thanks for the information I have heard similar statements made by others. Not gonna know until I try and I will keep you updated.

(Bucks County)

So what happened?

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    So what happened?
    Well... traveled 96 miles one way and waited a half hour for him to show and he didn't. I won the judgment for the amount simply because he didn't show.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bwfirefighter17 View Post
    Well... traveled 96 miles one way and waited a half hour for him to show and he didn't. I won the judgment for the amount simply because he didn't show.
    Now he should have 30 days to make payment to you if I recall. When he doesn't, and he won't, it'll be up to you to go back to the DJ's office and file for the Sheriff's sale. You should be able to have all your costs associated with it, mileage and such added into the total amount he owes. That includes the costs of filing the original case with the DJ, and the costs associated with the sheriff's sale.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast