Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Review: Midway HD Tactical Rifle Case

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    LOL....you like their shipping, huh?? When I got my case, my wife saw the HUGE box in the kitchen and of course I got the, "What did you buy now?" look!
    The last case I bought from them came in a box almost twice as long as the case, must have been 60" long and I know that kicks it up into another shipping price bracket.

No wife to question my purchases though, that allows me to spend more...

(Lackawanna County)

I bought five of them. There was so much bubble packing material it filled up the plastic bag the case was in.

I also purchased four of the black AR cases. they were folded up in two smaller boxes.

I built three carbines and a standard A2 rifle yesterday. they are all packed into the cases. It's going to be a AR Christmas this year. I'm keeping the A2 for me.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Allegheny County)

I finally replaced all the photos in the OP that Photobucket was holding ransom.

These cases are great.
    I just picked up the Multicam pattern in the 36" size on clearance and I'll post up pics of that one as well!

(Allegheny County)

I thought I'd take some pics of the 36" case (same construction as the one in the OP) with various guns with the hope that it is of some help to someone who isn't sure what size case to buy.

front

back (shoulder strap)

D ring at the end to hang the case and pull loops on all zippers for ease of operation.

The mag pouches will hold one mag each. The material here is not super thick, so sharp edges on USGI mags may cause wear with long term use. AK47 mags fit in the pouches, but they protrude too much to close the flap at all.

More to follow...

(Allegheny County)

My AR PISTOL is just shy of 26" in length (as Blade is currently positioned) and it fits well.
    I thought this 36" case would be TOO big for it, and I was planning to buy a smaller case eventually, but it's certainly an option.

I'd need to "do the math" to see which of the shorter cases they offer would work with the pistol.
    Overall length of the case is one thing to measure, but you also have to consider the "angle" if the front area, and how it may interact with your particular gun.

The case IS 36" (inside) as described in the product specs.

(Allegheny County)

I was a little concerned that this particular rifle may not fit in the 36" case since it's overall length is 35.5" and it has a fixed stock.
    This stock is A1 length, so about 5/8" shorter than typical A2 length stocks, but either way, the overall length is what you need to measure, and this one FITS at 35.5", so WOO-HOO!

I applied the Velcro straps on this one to show how the rifle can be secured within the case. The straps can be moved to whatever position works best for your rifle and are long enough to wrap around with plenty to spare. Initially, I didn't think this was a "big deal" as far as features go, but after having the option, I much prefer being able to secure the rifle within the case.

(7.62x39 carbine)

(Allegheny County)

My basic/SHTF carbine fits.
    Off the top of my head, I think it's about 34" with the stock in it's current position.

I keep the stock set at the 4th position. Position 1="closed" - 2 - 3 - 4
    The marked buffer tubes (this is a Spikes) are great if you share a rifle with others, or need to adjust quickly for various clothing worn, etc.

(Allegheny County)

Yugo underfolder fits with stock extended!

And it zips closed just fine, even considering the width of the wire stock.

(Allegheny County)

I will add to this.. play around with the free shipping.. I added a few things to get over the $25 and shipping went to $2.05 from around $10.. then added a few different things and again around $2.00.. 3rd time I got the total to $26.01 and FREE SHIPPING... I added a FREE SHIP $1.99 item I could use + 2 boxes of ammo, So not too bad at all.
    + the box it came in was very big lol

(Allegheny County)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast