Greetings,

What you are offering to do is really cool and generous. However, IMO (not a lawyer); you may be just skirting the edge of things legally. I've helped other PA gun owners with some various work, repair, etc.. I am not licensed, would not accept any money or other reciprocation, had the owner assist me, did not keep the firearm without them present and did not "advertise". If I were to be in your situation with the AK knowledge/tooling and want to do the same thing, I'd ask the owner to be present and be more of a guide to him doing the work. I've done this for AR parts owners, but precisely as stated above.

The other aspect that gives me concern (though I'm not sure it needs to) would be the "transfers" that are taking place if the owner leaves the firearm with you and then retrieves it. Yes, I understand that in PA we don't require 4473 involvement for long guns between residents, but again, it may be on the edge of some aspect of federal law.

As mentioned before, the possibility of entrapment looms and I would not put it past any gov agencies to do just that. Sadly, it's the nice guys that get the gov shaft and not the real criminals. Thanks for your generosity, good luck and be extra careful what you do and who you deal with.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mcarroll1987 View Post
Guys I was not trying to make this a huge deal.

Was just trying to maybe help someone out and have something to do to get through the winter blues.

I do appreciate the input and clarification though.

If I can help a fellow gun owner and someone who is earlier in the learning process then I am, I still would be interested in doing that.