Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs up Bucks County Court House LTCF Renewal

Hey all,

I was up at the Bucks County Courthouse this afternoon to get my LTCF renewed. I got there around 11:30 and checked my firearm at the security checkpoint. No issues and everything went smooth. The staff and deputies were polite and awesome!!

The firearms permit office is in the basement of the new courthouse.....no cell phone service down there (note to self)!!

There was about 30 people when I got there (note to self they open at 8am get there early) and I waited only about 35-40 minutes.

The entire staff and deputies were super cool and were definitely earning their paychecks they did a superb job processing the paperwork for LTCF's.

A deputy and civilian working the front desk were on energy drinks they were expediting as fast as the renewals were coming in!!

I have nothing negative to report on Bucks County! Hats off to Sheriff Donnelly and his deputies!!

Thanks,
    SGM
    SGM, USA (Ret.)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Court House LTCF Renewal

Went there this morning to renew. A clerk came up to the desk as I walked in, took my already completed application and $20. There was no one else in the waiting area, so my wife and I had a chance to look at pictures of our most excellent grandson on her iPhone. Before I knew it, I had my picture taken and my renewal LTCF. Everyone I encountered in the building was pleasant. Sheriff Donnelly and his team make the process as smooth as possible.

(Bucks County)

Next door neighbors, man and wife, went to the Bucks County Annex down here in Levittown last week to get passports. They waited two hours to be processed. Reason...same person handling passports handles LTCF applicants, and that's how many LTCF applicants were ahead of them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Next door neighbors, man and wife, went to the Bucks County Annex down here in Levittown last week to get passports. They waited two hours to be processed. Reason...same person handling passports handles LTCF applicants, and that's how many LTCF applicants were ahead of them.
    Maybe I just picked a good day. I was surprised in light of recent reports of long lines.

Does the Bucks County Annex in Levittown still just accept applications and forward them to Doylestown? I went to Levittown for my last application, waited for them to call me, went back to pick it up. It takes only a few more minutes to drive to Doylestown, and you walk out with the LTCF.

(Bucks County)

I can't say for sure, been a while since I was there. But since the sheriff has to sign it, I don't see how anything could change.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgmwatkins View Post
    Hey all,

I was up at the Bucks County Courthouse this afternoon to get my LTCF renewed. I got there around 11:30 and checked my firearm at the security checkpoint. No issues and everything went smooth. The staff and deputies were polite and awesome!!

The firearms permit office is in the basement of the new courthouse.....no cell phone service down there (note to self)!!

There was about 30 people when I got there (note to self they open at 8am get there early) and I waited only about 35-40 minutes.

The entire staff and deputies were super cool and were definitely earning their paychecks they did a superb job processing the paperwork for LTCF's.

A deputy and civilian working the front desk were on energy drinks they were expediting as fast as the renewals were coming in!!

I have nothing negative to report on Bucks County! Hats off to Sheriff Donnelly and his deputies!!

Thanks,
    SGM
    you went to Doylestown? they don't check weapons.. I've been there as resent as September..I'm confused

I do agree will your assessment though, they do appear to go with the premise that " we want your help when it's needed" you see, the responsibility is reciprocal....

But really "check weapon" IIRC there's actually a sign on the door
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    you went to Doylestown? they don't check weapons.. I've been there as resent as September..I'm confused

I do agree will your assessment though, they do appear to go with the premise that " we want your help when it's needed" you see, the responsibility is reciprocal....

But really "check weapon" IIRC there's actually a sign on the door
    Years ago(pre-911) in the old courthouse, they used to have a gun check kiosk downstairs.

I've been renewing mine at the Qtown annex the last few times. Waiting a week is a lot more convenient than driving to Doylestown, finding a place to park, and removing my belt to get an anal exam upon entering the courthouse.

I'm surprised they don't make you take your shoes off too.

(Bucks County)

Doylestown courthouse conforms to law and provides lockers. If you did not find yourself at a conveyor belt and deputy sheriffs there to assist, you were not in the building where the LTCF/Sheriff's office is.

How did you manage 30-45mins without phone service? Did you go thru withdrawl , get the shakes , slobbering fits?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I can't say for sure, been a while since I was there. But since the sheriff has to sign it, I don't see how anything could change.
    I doubt that the Sheriff signs each and every one of these. His signature is likely printed on just like the rest of the info. There is no reason why they can't be printed at the annex...they are supposed to have all of the same equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast