Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Looking to buy a 3 acre property in Monroe County. Would I be able to shoot on it?

Hi, all. I'm looking at buying a property with a house on it in Monroe County. It's heavily wooded, but has no natural backstop on property. I'm interested in building a tall berm to use as a backstop, and want to shoot both centerfire and rimfire rifles and handguns at 25 yards.

Would this be legal? I looked at the ordinances of the township it's in, and nothing immediately popped out as firearm related.

Also, I'll be moving from Jersey. I'm looking forward to living in real America. And don't worry, I'm not a snobby ex-Brooklynite who will complain about how everything is different here and lobbies to make everything just like it was where I came from. I'm moving because I want to embrace a better culture for me and my family.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Looking to buy a 3 acre property in Monroe County. Would I be able to shoot on it

But you're already complaining how this property doesn't have a natural backstop and expressed a desire to change it to suit your wants.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Looking to buy a 3 acre property in Monroe County. Would I be able to shoot on it

Also leave those Democratic thoughts behind

Quote Originally Posted by cardonasharp View Post
    Also leave those Democratic thoughts behind
    Hey, we have a governor that pretends he's a Republican when it suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But you're already complaining how this property doesn't have a natural backstop and expressed a desire to change it to suit your wants.
    You got me. I'm really coming here to proselytize on the superiority of Taylor Ham, convince your sons that they really do look best in skinny jeans and a man bun, and force you to add gluten-free pumpkin spice syrup to your coffee.

In all seriousness, the biggest impetus for me coming over is to escape the NY-metro-area busybodies, like the neighbors that complain to the police about my 7-year-old daughter playing in our fenced in back yard by herself, or the homeschool group that kicked my wife out when they found out she was Catholic, and the local parents that berated my wife for allowing my daughter to take up archery, because bows are weapons. I want to bring none of that crap with me.

(Allegheny County)

Call the township office, or better yet visit in person if you can. I was on endless hold / voicemail about an issue in my borough until I finally visited. Just look for the oldest, crankiest employee- they have usually been there the longest.

And, welcome to PA.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by adt6247 View Post
    You got me. I'm really coming here to proselytize on the superiority of Taylor Ham, convince your sons that they really do look best in skinny jeans and a man bun, and force you to add gluten-free pumpkin spice syrup to your coffee.

In all seriousness, the biggest impetus for me coming over is to escape the NY-metro-area busybodies, like the neighbors that complain to the police about my 7-year-old daughter playing in our fenced in back yard by herself, or the homeschool group that kicked my wife out when they found out she was Catholic, and the local parents that berated my wife for allowing my daughter to take up archery, because bows are weapons. I want to bring none of that crap with me.
    Sorry to hear about that with your kids, I just sent my homeschool kids up the street by themselves to play with their friends.

You probably won't like it here.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I just sent my homeschool kids up the street by themselves to play with their friends.
    That video fills my heart with starts and stripes

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by adt6247 View Post
    Taylor Ham
    nuff said....My kinda guy!
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Allegheny County)

Pork roll the only thing good to come out of NJ

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast