Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Looking to buy a 3 acre property in Monroe County. Would I be able to shoot on it

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    communities like HOA's. homeowners associations are an antiquated way of living where your neighbors will dictate how you are allowed to breathe.
    We have some HOA's in NJ. The concept of an HOA is completely anathema to me, whether it be a gated community (not so common in NJ) or a condo association (really common here, and they all suck). I'd never consider joining some petty fiefdom where they can tell me what kinds of shrubbery I can plant or what color I could paint my house, let alone make it much harder for me to sell if I need to. I think people who buy into such situations are either ignorant of the true cost of doing so, or are loathsome sheep that like enforced homogeneity.

I'm coming to PA because I want to live in real America, and because I hate being under the jack-boots of "helpful" neighbors and bureaucrats.

Default Re: Looking to buy a 3 acre property in Monroe County. Would I be able to shoot on it

Quote Originally Posted by adt6247 View Post
    We have some HOA's in NJ. The concept of an HOA is completely anathema to me, whether it be a gated community (not so common in NJ) or a condo association (really common here, and they all suck). I'd never consider joining some petty fiefdom where they can tell me what kinds of shrubbery I can plant or what color I could paint my house, let alone make it much harder for me to sell if I need to. I think people who buy into such situations are either ignorant of the true cost of doing so, or are loathsome sheep that like enforced homogeneity.

I'm coming to PA because I want to live in real America, and because I hate being under the jack-boots of "helpful" neighbors and bureaucrats.
    condo HOA's i can understand. they're glorified apartments that you purchase instead of rent.
    we wouldn't be in a hoa if we had a realistic choice in the situation. however, they leave me the hell alone and the home my family built is one of the oldest in the place.
    on that topic. i absolutely can not fathom high rise living... no matter how you split it, it's a Fing apartment. dues and parking issues, neighbors above, below and all around. i mean wtf are people on? and they BUY them!
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Tioga County)

Personally how I would do it if I was in that situation of working in NJ and if you already have a home there, is to look further out away from border counties and buy a bigger spread of property such as 50-100 acres and then build a second home and develop the property to your liking. Visit on weekends or whenever and then when you retire you are all set or at some point transition into consulting work or something and move to PA permanently. I would not want to live in the border counties and commute. Most people that do that seem pretty miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Personally how I would do it if I was in that situation of working in NJ and if you already have a home there, is to look further out away from border counties and buy a bigger spread of property such as 50-100 acres and then build a second home and develop the property to your liking. Visit on weekends or whenever and then when you retire you are all set or at some point transition into consulting work or something and move to PA permanently. I would not want to live in the border counties and commute. Most people that do that seem pretty miserable.
    It's hard to raise a family on a single income in NJ as it is. I'd rather not still live in NJ -- I really hate it here. There's no way I could afford a weekend home in PA in addition to my current home. Especially since my property taxes are likely to go up significantly this coming year.

The property I'm looking at right now is really nice. Fairly secluded. It will add 10 minutes to my commute. I've been talking with the owner, who is retiring in a few months and looking to sell. I'm likely going to put an offer in a few weeks.

Good luck!

(Monroe County)

FYI 3 acres is not much land for shooting, maybe archery.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by adt6247 View Post
    Hi, all. I'm looking at buying a property with a house on it in Monroe County. It's heavily wooded, but has no natural backstop on property. I'm interested in building a tall berm to use as a backstop, and want to shoot both centerfire and rimfire rifles and handguns at 25 yards.

Would this be legal? I looked at the ordinances of the township it's in, and nothing immediately popped out as firearm related.

Also, I'll be moving from Jersey. I'm looking forward to living in real America. And don't worry, I'm not a snobby ex-Brooklynite who will complain about how everything is different here and lobbies to make everything just like it was where I came from. I'm moving because I want to embrace a better culture for me and my family.
    you're only short 97 acres..........
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Bon Jerkoff is the biggest poser libtard talentless Homo EVER!!!

Just sayin.

Besides, it's a Tie between me and Ungawa.
    Hey hey hey, lay off the libtards... I am one and fully support 2A

So don't lump me in with the other snowflakes!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyOne View Post

So don't lump me in with the other snowflakes!!!
    Come, come...my little Jedi. There is much for you to learn if you are to survive and get along in this little corner of the world.

Rule #1: Get thyself a thick skin. For if “libtard” and “snowflake” raises your hackles and triggers your ire, your time here will be short and your stress level will be high.

Maybe not #2, but solid advice: Don’t make a zombie thread (bring an old/dead thread back to life)...especially only to dis the majority mindset in these here parts.

Welcome to the forum, and that person on the BBQ spit is me...self effacing humor from awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyOne View Post
    And how do you support the 2A?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast