Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question Open carrying AR-15 on Halloween ,

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Open carrying AR-15 on Halloween ,

He should be charged, wearing a Richard Nixon mask isn't The Purge, It's Point Break, he was one of the Ex Presidents.
    Last edited by streaker69; November 16th, 2016 at 06:43 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Perry County)

Bad arrest, they'll lose if he fights it. My guess, the DA lets him plead to summary DC and that will end it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

My guess is that he will receive a settlement from North Wales Township and their Police Department.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Bad arrest, they'll lose if he fights it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    My guess is that he will receive a settlement from North Wales Township and their Police Department.
    My thoughts exactly! Had he done this any other time of the year the Police may have an argument, even then being scary is still not against the law. The witness said he wasn't doing anything wrong. I say he sues and collects a nice pay check....
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Bad arrest, they'll lose if he fights it. My guess, the DA lets him plead to summary DC and that will end it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    Not a smart move, but legally, I believe it might still be a tough fight.

“a person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor.”

I'd say his statement that he “wanted to scare people and be like the guy from the movie ‘The Purge,’” shows intent to 'cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm' and would be quite difficult to defend against. He practically admitted guilt. I don't think even a very pro-2A attorney would search him out to be a client. If he's offered a misdemeanor plea with ARD, he had better take it.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Not a smart move, but legally, I believe it might still be a tough fight.

“a person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor.”

I'd say his statement that he “wanted to scare people and be like the guy from the movie ‘The Purge,’” shows intent to 'cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm' and would be quite difficult to defend. I don't think even a very pro-2A attorney would search him out to be a client. If he's offered a misdemeanor plea with ARD, he had better take it.
    What is the reason that people dress up on Halloween? Should we charge everyone with DC for dressing in scary costumes on Halloween? I imagine most lawyers would be happy to have this...it looks like a slam dunk to me.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

Judging based on the thread title... the guy probably owns a pistol, but chose to be a duche instead. Guys like him give OCrs a bad name.

Stupid.

(Philadelphia County)

What is the reason that people dress up on Halloween? Should we charge everyone with DC for dressing in scary costumes on Halloween? I imagine most lawyers would be happy to have this...it looks like a slam dunk to me.
    I am not so sure about this one. While scary is one category of costumes, so is sexy and I am sure there is a line that one may go up to but not cross. Using real weapons instead of props may make the costume more authentic, but he may have over done it to a degree. I wonder how many on here would have reacted watching this guy walk through their neighborhood?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast