Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PA Reciprocity with FL

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    At the time Kane changed the law there were only 4000 FL non resident permit holders in PA.
    And very likely the vast majority already have a PA LTCF. It's unlikely that very many people used the FL non-resident permit to do an end run around the PA licensing laws.

I don't remember how long ago I first got my FL permit. It wasn't to get around home state licensing, I already had that. The reciprocity map has changed dramatically since then but, IIRC, when I first got FL even as a non-resident permit it was good for almost three times as many other states as my PA LTCF.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    That was a lie that Kane started so she could deny FL non resident permits. FL permit takes longer, costs more and requires proof of training. I used my military service for my FL permit when I lived in FL.

At the time Kane changed the law there were only 4000 FL non resident permit holders in PA.
    I know of at least two people who I personally dealt with who had Florida permits, numerous drug arrests and were denied PA LTCFs, but Florida (Dept of Agriculture issued the licenses) said since there were no convictions they were granted.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I'm a Pa. resident and I went thru the firearms safety course, fingerprinting, then applied for and received my non-resident Fla Concealed Weapon License. I did this because Ohio does not recognize Pa (I did this in 2011, and Kane was elected in 2012) and my Fla non-Res expires in 2018. Now it's still my understanding that my Fla Non-res license is still valid and recognized by Ohio and a few other states that do not recognize Pa's.
    I did the same thing when I was still living in Maryland. I wasn't rich enough or well connected enough to get a permit to carry in Maryland, but at least with the reciprocity provisions of the Florida license I would be covered when I went to visit family in Ohio and Punxsutawney. Having to load and reload north of the Mason-Dixon line or south of the Potomac River was a pain in the neck though (still is).

(Monroe County)

the FL license was much harder to get, even had to go to my local PD to get fingerprinted after the state police told me they don't do that for gun permits. In my case it was easier to go through all the requirements for FL than it was to find 2 local monroe county references since i just moved here.
    "fom my cold dead hands"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by spinhat View Post
    the FL license was much harder to get, even had to go to my local PD to get fingerprinted after the state police told me they don't do that for gun permits. In my case it was easier to go through all the requirements for FL than it was to find 2 local monroe county references since i just moved here.
    The FL license isn't good for CC in PA for a PA resident. There are threads about the Monroe County illegal requirement needing county references.

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    The FL license isn't good for CC in PA for a PA resident. There are threads about the Monroe County illegal requirement needing county references.
    Correct ... today.

But is WAS good for concealed carry in PA until Kane revised the reciprocity parameters a couple/few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I know of at least two people who I personally dealt with who had Florida permits, numerous drug arrests and were denied PA LTCFs, but Florida (Dept of Agriculture issued the licenses) said since there were no convictions they were granted.
    I hope I'm reading you wrong, because it sounds like you're supportive of stripping 2A rights from people simply because they have been accused of a crime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123