Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default My m1a so come cqb

Hi all, my first post here, I just received my socom cqb and bought a few extras for it and figured I'd show it off.

So far I've only fired 60 rounds with no issues, I was using irons and with my horrible eye sight I can't really comment on any accuracy, I'm hoping to get it back to the range soon now that I scoped it.

I mounted a crossfire ii 1x4×30,

FAB Defense forgrip,

Leapers UTG Tactical OP Bipod w/ SWAT Combat Profile.

Leapers UTG rail guards.

ATI scorpion pistol grip.

(Berks County)

Default Re: My m1a so come cqb

Please do not post more pix of your gun. Those things scare the hell out of me.

I need a safe space and a puppy to hug...

Nice acquisition and welcome to the site.

(York County)

I too need a safe space and a puppy to hug. Except the puppy should be Sophia Vergara.

Seriously, very nice! Let us know how your first 'scoped' range trip goes...
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Thanks guys.

So I took it to the range today, I fired 100 rounds through the rifle. The round were MEN 147 grain brass, the cheapest I could find.

It took me a while to get the scope zeroed but once I did it was shooting pretty good considering the quality of the ammo and my skill as a shooter.

No doubt with better quality ammo, and a little more practice I could have gotten a much better spread.

My total number of rounds I've put through the rifle so far is 160, so far no problems except for 1 on the first shot of a mag change that didn't fire, I realized the magizine was not properly locked in, so I put that as shooter error.

This is such a fun rifle to shoot, I hear a lot of comments on how loud it is, personally I don't think it as loud as I expected, some guys around me were shooting .308 bolt actions and those are deafening compared to the socom cqb.

The kick is comparable to an AR 15, the muzzle rise is negligible, it's very easy on the shoulder and makes for speedy followup shots.

Here's my target, the patched ones were before getting the scope zeroed at 100 yards.

With more practice and better ammo I'm sure I could do much better.

(Allegheny County)

It looks like you need a cheek riser. You need to raise your cheek weld to compensate for the scope height. Google "cheek riser".
    Toujours prêt

(Franklin County)

I think remove all the plastic and put a wood stock on it a shoot it like Chesty would.....seriously cool looking piece keep up the practice.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Allegheny County)

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It looks like you need a cheek riser. You need to raise your cheek weld to compensate for the scope height. Google "cheek riser".

I would have prefer the cheek rest on it was adjustable, I may add a riser in the future. It was however pretty comfortable where it was.