Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Jefferson County)

Default Dealers around Waynesburg??

Any local dealers in Waynesburg??

I work in Waynesburg during the week and I can find only one decent gun shop around here - Dry Tavern Hardware. Nice store and friendly employees, but doesn't carry what I'm looking for.

I know about Ace's up in Washington, but last time I went there I felt like myself and the others in the store were treated like cattle in the processing line.

Looking for an FFL that is friendly towards ordering a pistol new/used for me. I've seen Walther P99's farely cheap online ($350-475), where as the few I've seen in the shops new and used at $550-$650 and are hesitant towards ordering. ..would rather in-stock items.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dealers around Waynesburg??

I don't know about pricing and service but have you stopped at Joe Riggs Sporting Goods? The store is on the main drag westbound (E. High St./19/21) just before you get to where S. Morgan/218 turns to the south. It is on the right side of the road.

Man, you have quite the commute!
    Last edited by 41 Redhawk; February 20th, 2007 at 05:01 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Thank you Redhawk, I'll check that place out the next time I'm in the need.

I did find the P99 that I wanted, True Value in Dry Tavern got one in or the may of had one that I over looked before. $559 + tax and goodies. I went to Ace in Washington again later that evening, and they wanted $589 for a 40cal version. I did grab a Galco holster at Ace's while I was there.

(Allegheny County)

There is another little shop in Dry Tavern as well although it does not seem to be near as nice. Is is a bit north on 88 from the intersection that Dry Tavern is at. I believe the name is Ziggys or some other funny name. It is a little place on the right if you are going north.

On an unrelated note, my dad grew up in Jefferson and mother in Waynesburg and I lived for a couple of years outside of Clarksville.

(Jefferson County)

Thank you again.. I'll keep an eye out for that other place as well.

Small world.. lol I'm a contract engineer to the telephone company down here (Windstream - formerly Alltel). The eastern part of Greene County is my main area of work - including all the areas you mentioned.

And yeah, its a long commute. about 150 miles depending on which route I take. (4) ten hour days, then drive home..

(Allegheny County)

it really is a small world. A former friend of my father's wife not to long ago retired from the phone company there. I believe she worked at the building there on 188 just outside of Waynesburg. Last name is Cree

(Greene County)

The Gun shop north of Dry Tavern on RT 88 on the right side of the highway is Ozzy's.

Won a shotgun at a gun bash about 2 months ago. The guns were outleted through these guys.

Reese's Supply 321 Ruble Mill Rd Smithfield, PA 15478 724-569-9671. No Website They are probably the largest stocking gun dealer in SW PA.

Never knew they existed before, but found out it is a shop that has been around for over 100 years.