Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 272 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: MTN Jack ARRESTED for OC at Obama rally !

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    This is just a small taste of what will come if the Obama regime moves into Pennsylvania Ave.

The reactions are going to be brutal against us gun owners from this incident...we need to make sure the public is informed that this man was arrested in violation against the US Constitution!!

Good luck and great job, MTN Jack! I honor you for your courage in the face of tyranny!
    Truth.
    No matter what "shitstorm" happens behind the scenes, THIS is what was seen by the NATION.
    Man Brought Gun, Bible To Obama Event...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26464328/

When you hear family and co-workers talking about that guy who "took a gun to the Obama rally", remember to politely explain why, even though it "makes sense", what happened to Mtn Jack was wrong.
    They won't likely believe you, nor will many of them actually care about their constitutional rights, but to remain silent isn't going to help anyone. Except those bent on destroying this country.

(Lackawanna County)

Ah, freakin' heck.

I wake up this morning to this? After a nightmare-traffic trip to NYC that started early yesterday afternoon that ended at back home at 11:30pm? (I won't typically cross the Delaware River unless I'm being payed to; I truly *hate* being disarmed by unconstitutional laws.) Darnit!

Bullies and thugs. That's all these cops (in this case, deputies, the sheriff and the secret service) are.

Of course the media discusses the issue of a 'license'. Heaven forbid if the unwashed masses learn that no license was needed to openly carry a firearm. My favorite is when they call it an "unlicensed firearm"; firearm's don't get licenses! People get licenses! Cars don't get licenses, fish don't get licenses, only people get licenses. Never mind the fact that there should be no need for any such thing as a license to keep and bear (or "own and carry") firearms.

I've said it many times. If you are simply too *afraid* to allow peaceful law-abiding citizens to exercise their rights, you should not work for the government - period. You shouldn't be a cop, you shouldn't be a senator (you certainly shouldn't be one who wants to be president), you shouldn't be a judge, you should not work for the government! I don't care what 'risk' you think it poses to allow a peaceful, law-abiding citizen to exercise his or her rights, those rights should never be violated for any reason (other than Due Process, which I fail to see here).

The secret service trumps (so called) "state's rights"??? WTF?

First of all, there is no such thing as "state's rights"; it is a nonsense term. States do not have rights, only people have rights. States (municipalities, "the government") have power and authority. Those powers and authority are granted by the people (the constituents of the given municipality) - who do have rights.

Second of all, it isn't a Pennsylvania right to keep and bear arms - it is a *human* right - a personal right. I own and carry firearms because it is my right as a human being. This right is *protected* by both the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It isn't the right of my "state" - it is my right as a "person", it is only *protected* (poorly, at the moment) by my state. And, furthermore, Pennsylvania doesn't own *me*, I (jointly) own *it*!

My State doesn't *give* me my rights. My country doesn't *give* me my rights. Our Creator (a.k.a. G-d) gave me my rights! My State and my country just *protect* those rights (though, all to often, this protection is poor at best).

Words can't adequately express how upset I am at what happened to Mtn Jack. Sir, I will lend my support to you any way I can.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

(Lehigh County)

Well, I'm not a big fan of poking the hornets nest without due cause, as most of you already know, but...

A political statement at a high-visibility rally takes on the meaning of a higher endeavor... and it was especially apt to have both gun and Bible at the rally of the-man-who-would-be-king that once described Pennsylvanian's as "bitter gun and Bible toters" or words to that effect.

In the future, I think it would be a good idea to show up OC'ing in numbers and organized... at least several dozens, if not hundreds... including our women and children in hand... guns, Bibles, and all... in order for a TRUE message to be sent. (The kids could carry the Bibles, of course!)

This way, if the authorities wanted to break the law hiding behind making a big security issue out of it, they'd have to call out entire SWAT teams to make the mass arrests of law-abiding citizens, including women and children... and that would put on quite a show for the media and perhaps wake up John Q. Public about what the law truly says and how readily the authorities, who are supposed to uphold it, will disregard it.

Unfortunately now, to most of the "sheeple", this will seem like just one more of those "lone gun nut" situations, and the media most of the time have no qualms about portraying it that way. Hat's off to Mtn. Jack anyway, it took a lot of stones.

Even though I myself do not OC under 'normal' circumstances, I'd be more than willing to participate in such a demonstration... and I bet many other gun-owning Pennsylvanians would too.
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; August 30th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: MTN Jack ARRESTED for OC at Obama rally !

Wow, Sorry to hear what happed MTN Jack. I will refrain from Obama bashing. All i will say is what a messed up situation. Good luck.
    Last edited by GunsRfun; August 30th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

(Allegheny County)

MTN Jack, you did a very brave thing.

You definitely got...
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Berks County)

Default Re: MTN Jack arrested for OC at Obama rally

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    That's what I like about you Headcase. You don't sugar coat it.
    Psssst... that was sugar coated, he left out the testicular and prostate cancer.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    A political statement at a high-visibility rally takes on the meaning of a higher endeavor... and it was especially apt to have both gun and Bible at the rally of the-man-who-would-be-king that once described Pennsylvanian's as "bitter gun and Bible toters" or words to that effect.
    Commenting on the facts would be nice. Jack was NOT "at the rally".
    Last edited by gnbrotz; August 30th, 2008 at 09:21 AM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Ahem... the OP contained this as the opening statement:

According to a post on OpenCarry.org, OCDO and PAFOA forum member MTN Jack was arrested tonite when he OC'ed his pistol and a bible at an Obama rally in PA today. Here's a link to the post:
    And the link says he was arrested by the Secret Service.

And a further post linked to the newspaper story whose headline read:

Man arrested for having gun at rally
    What was your point again?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

According to a post on OpenCarry.org, OCDO and PAFOA forum member MTN Jack was arrested tonite when he OC'ed his pistol and a bible at an Obama rally in PA today. Here's a link to the post:

Man arrested for having gun at rally
    My point is that the characterization of the situation in the OP of this thread (thanks to an incorrect leap made by some posters on OCDO) and the news article are completely incorrect, and do not accurately convey what occurred. Before such false accounts spread and begin to dull interest in supporting Jack, the record needs to be set straight.

Any decision to support or not support should be made on the facts, not assumptions - and certainly not media reports.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; August 30th, 2008 at 09:37 AM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I agree with everything you said, except for the secret service part. Which link was that in? Cause the tribune and msnbc didnt say that. tribune said it was deputies and msnbc didnt say. Just curious

Page 6 of 272 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast