Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: MTN Jack arrested for OC at Obama rally

Well... talking this over with a buddy, what do you think would happen if Obama gets him off the hook?
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Butler County)

Default Re: MTN Jack ARRESTED for OC at Obama rally !

Oh hell.

I probably understand what the cop was thinking at the time, though i dont agree, but why charge Jack with some bull that wont stick later. This cop just made national news, you mean he dont know the law..? Or did he just choose to ignore it?

You know damn well it wasnt his call though. Under these circumstances, you would think it had to come from someone higher up. You mean they didnt know the law?

They charged him just cause they knew it would make national news so he had to be charged with something! I bet you wont hear another word about this in the media, except the beaver county times.

(Adams County)

I am so mad, I don't dare write what I wish. D/C? D/C!?! WTF?!

MtnJack, best of luck to you. I rep you purely for your actions tonight.

(Luzerne County)

UPDATE:

I spoke at length with Jack on the phone and we will be posting some info tomorrow (Sat).

For now we know and will release this:
    He was illegally arrested
    His property illegally seized
    He was NOT cited at the scene but was told he will be cited with at least two criminal charges.

We will update later.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: MTN Jack ARRESTED for OC at Obama rally !

Thank you guys and gals i really can use the support, i will keep you all updated as soon as i can. I need to try and sleep as the battle just wore me out. Thank you all again. Be safe Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    OK I'll kick the hornets nest ---- IANAL or a LEO but I am pretty sure that there are federal laws that provide for extreme security measures when it comes to the security of U.S. Secret Service or DSS protectees. Of course Obama is under some real serious Secret Service protection. IMO a law suit in this case will get no where at all. This is typical of what happens anytime a case of a firearm inside a security zone such as this occurs. The person with the firearm is taken away and held until the protectee has left the scene. This is usually a couple of hours at most.

Anyone who OCs into a security zone such as this is simply asking for a very bad time. I don't just go looking for trouble which is what this sort of sounds like.
    He was NOT inside any SECURITY "zone" or "Area".

Remember folks. Jack was walking through HIS town, on PUBLIC streets, legally open carrying as he does routinely any other day.

The Pennsylvania constitution does not get suspended when Obama comes to town. Pennsylvania law is not afforded some magic exemption for the false messiah. If Obama has a problem with people carrying guns he should stay out of Pa.

The PSP, Beaver PD and Secret Service committed illegal acts tonight against a fellow American citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    ...I do not like this AT ALL but what other choice do the LEOs have if they are to protect the president and other such dignitaries. .
    How about enforcing the LAW?
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 30th, 2008 at 04:50 AM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

Wow, I just saw this thread now.

In the founders time, this would have been considered an act of war. There is absolutely no question that the disgusting acts perpetrated by the officers involved are in direct violation of the Constitution. The Constitution does not get suspended for anyone, not even Obama. Period.

Mtn Jack, I'm not religious, but God bless you, Sir.

Proud member of:

(York County)

I just don't know the words to express my outrage over this incident. An obvious violation of this mans rights.

Dave
    3%

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Well gentlemen, this is a first. We've had members hassled my local PD, state police, mall guards, and constables. I believe this is the first time one of us has pissed off the secret service.

Best of luck Jack. This time it happened in my back yard so I don't have to drive across the state to show support.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: MTN Jack arrested for OC at Obama rally

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    No shit.

I'm sure any cop at an obama campaign that sees a man with a gun is going to jump on him. Despite all the bumper stickers on sheeplemobiles there are alot of paople who hate him and there are open threats to assasinate the man. Although if you were going to do that woudln't you advoid OC?

Anyway.....

Was this even posted against firearms? was it private property? is there any past incidents of arresting people at political rallys?

I wonder if this would happen at a Ron Paul rally?
    *Bold is mine.
    I can't remember exact specifics, or where I heard this, but I remember hearing about an incident that took place at a Ron Paul rally in which someone was carrying a firearm in much the same fashion as this incident, and one of the officers present ordered the firearm be surrendered to him for the time being, but when Ron Paul found out, he came over and ordered the firearm be returned to the individual.

Proud member of:

Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast