Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: MTN Jack arrested for OC at Obama rally

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    OK I'll kick the hornets nest ---- IANAL or a LEO but I am pretty sure that there are federal laws that provide for extreme security measures when it comes to the security of U.S. Secret Service or DSS protectees.
    Name one that applies here.

(Lycoming County)

dont you wish things where how they used to be back in the old west when 90percent of the people were carrying incuding the politicians....

(Luzerne County)

Whoah! I missed this until now.

Yes, If Mtn was simply on public property with a holstered sidearm a SHITSTORM is about to ensue.

If anyone has his contact info please fwd it to me.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    And the little kiddies who reported their parents to the NKVD thought they were doing good, too, until their parents disappeared into Stalin's gulag.
    Well, since the Beaver County deputies didn't put Mr. Noble against a wall and apply a .32 caliber political correction to the back of his head, I'm not ready to compare them to the Chekist secret police. The kiddie metaphor is more accurate, and while I don't know about you, when someone makes a mistake out of ignorance and not malice, it should be an opportunity to educate, not punish. Here again, the deputies failed. Instead of arresting Mr. Noble, they should have informed Mr. Atkinson that Open Carry was perfectly legal.

Now, if Mr. Atkinson did report Mr. Noble out of malice, I take this all back and he can kiss the entirety of my XXL pale tukus.
    --RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    OK I'll kick the hornets nest ---- IANAL or a LEO but I am pretty sure that there are federal laws that provide for extreme security measures when it comes to the security of U.S. Secret Service or DSS protectees. Of course Obama is under some real serious Secret Service protection. IMO a law suit in this case will get no where at all. This is typical of what happens anytime a case of a firearm inside a security zone such as this occurs. The person with the firearm is taken away and held until the protectee has left the scene. This is usually a couple of hours at most.

Anyone who OCs into a security zone such as this is simply asking for a very bad time. I don't just go looking for trouble which is what this sort of sounds like.

I do not like this AT ALL but what other choice do the LEOs have if they are to protect the president and other such dignitaries.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Now as for a previous poster who wished a long and painful cancer death on the person who "alerted" the LEOs ---- I think that went too far and reflects real poorly on the person who wrote it, this site, PAFOA as an organization and all of us "gun folks". Just my opinion -- sorry.
    Did you read the article? It stated he was charged with disorderly conduct. Now I don't have the link with the statute handy, mayby PA Patriot will be along to post it, but a disorderly conduct charge does not apply to this situation. If there were special federal laws they most likely would have been stated.

I'll agree that there was specific intent in the OCers actions: political activism. Yet another perfectly legal action.

As far as the long drawn out cancer death: That's HC's opinion. And he's entitled to it as much as you are yours. Want mine?? I think it is sad that our country which was founded by an act of treason and established with the firearms of the time has gotten to the point that people actually are scared at the mere mention of a gun. Sad and disturbing. We have millions of people who cannot think for themselves and they are deciding the people who determine the direction of our domestic and foreign policy.
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by s.vermeire View Post
    I think it is sad that our country which was founded by an act of treason and established with the firearms of the time has gotten to the point that people actually are scared at the mere mention of a gun.
    that's the thing, isn't it? they know that a simple thing like a gun can change history, so they fear it. a group of guys from the backwoods, with no real military training but a lot of balls, took one of the greatest war machines in history, and won. guns, and balls. it's natural for those in power to be afraid. history has a way of repeating itself.

(Allegheny County)

Apparently Mtn Jack is not currently in custody as seen by his recent post here:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...ns-bibles.html

(Lackawanna County)

well, that's funny...i just posted the news over another forum THat i Refuse to name, and it was locked in record time.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

(Luzerne County)

I am on the phone with Jack now...

Mtn. Jack has been released.
    More later...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast