Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: MTN Jack arrested for OC at Obama rally

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    This is a shitstorm about to unfold.
    No shit.

I'm sure any cop at an obama campaign that sees a man with a gun is going to jump on him. Despite all the bumper stickers on sheeplemobiles there are alot of paople who hate him and there are open threats to assasinate the man. Although if you were going to do that woudln't you advoid OC?

Anyway.....

Was this even posted against firearms? was it private property? is there any past incidents of arresting people at political rallys?

I wonder if this would happen at a Ron Paul rally?

(Lehigh County)

If an officer arrested a guy at a Ron Paul rally, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul himself came over and asked what he was being arrested for.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lackawanna County)

you're fucking kidding me, right? tell me the rally was in a school or state park or something.

seriously, i may not have had the balls to do what he did, but that's just me. some will say he did us a disservice by proving we're a bunch of gun toting bible thumping yahoos. that may be. but it doesn't excuse the fact that what he did, was in all likelihood, perfectly legal.

this past st. patty's day, i wore my gun to the parade. openly. i knew hillary clinton would be there, but i figured she'd be in a float or something. she walked by me, less than 20 feet away. walked by me, and the worst i got was some eyeballing by Scranton PD. and i got shit from some feminazis for waving my ron paul sign at clinton, but that's besides the point. i got within 20 feet of the woman who helped author the AWB, and i did it fully, visibly armed.

obama seems to be ready to take his place among history's greats: caesar, stalin, pol pot....

(Beaver County)

I believe the park is owned by the city of Beaver, which would prevent them from legally prohibiting firearms

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Now all those stupid retards that vote for obama think that carrying a gun is illegal. Not that they'd do any fact checking to make sure. If they did that they'd probably pick a different candidate.

(Indiana County)

Before we collectively hex Mr. Atkinson with ill will, he's not the villain here. He saw a man open carrying a gun, still not a common sight, and alerted police.
    And the little kiddies who reported their parents to the NKVD thought they were doing good, too, until their parents disappeared into Stalin's gulag.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I hope he successfully sues the shit out of those who arrested him, and OASN, I sincerely wish that John Atkinson has a long, dragged out, excruciatingly painful, bout with stomach and colon cancer, and dies without pain medication.
    That's what I like about you Headcase. You don't sugar coat it.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    obama seems to be ready to take his place among history's greats: caesar, stalin, pol pot....
    I think this would have happened if it was a McCain rally, too. The deputies probably didn't care who the candidate was; they just saw a man OCing and went from there. Lets keep this from being an Obama-bashing thread and focus on the apparent civil rights violation by the local PD.
    --RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by RedKnightt View Post
    I think this would have happened if it was a McCain rally, too. The deputies probably didn't care who the candidate was; they just saw a man OCing and went from there. Lets keep this from being an Obama-bashing thread and focus on the apparent civil rights violation by the local PD.
    Agreed, focus, focus, focus.

(Delaware County)

OK I'll kick the hornets nest ---- IANAL or a LEO but I am pretty sure that there are federal laws that provide for extreme security measures when it comes to the security of U.S. Secret Service or DSS protectees. Of course Obama is under some real serious Secret Service protection. IMO a law suit in this case will get no where at all. This is typical of what happens anytime a case of a firearm inside a security zone such as this occurs. The person with the firearm is taken away and held until the protectee has left the scene. This is usually a couple of hours at most.

Anyone who OCs into a security zone such as this is simply asking for a very bad time. I don't just go looking for trouble which is what this sort of sounds like.

I do not like this AT ALL but what other choice do the LEOs have if they are to protect the president and other such dignitaries.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Now as for a previous poster who wished a long and painful cancer death on the person who "alerted" the LEOs ---- I think that went too far and reflects real poorly on the person who wrote it, this site, PAFOA as an organization and all of us "gun folks". Just my opinion -- sorry.

Page 2 of 272 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast