Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default S&W Bodyguard 38 laser activation inside pocket holster

I just picked up a S&W Bodyguard 38 (the revolver). My plan was to pocket carry it in the front pocket, inside of a holster. I now pocket carry an LCP and have been pocket carrying an older j frame but I wanted something with more punch than the LCP that is lighter than the old j frame and has a laser, because it sometimes takes me a second to focus on the front sight through my bifocals, also if I have to use it without my glasses or in the dark.
    Anyway, the Bodyguard fit the bill so I got it. The only holster I have that fits it right now is a cheap Uncle Mikes #3. The gun fits in it fine, the holster feels good with the gun, the gun comes out of it fine, etc.
    Now the question and possible issue. I can push in on the UM holster, in my pocket and activate the laser. There's no way of telling that it's on until I pull the gun out. So if I bump something, just right at the laser button the laser will come on. I was planning to stay with the UM holster at least for a while but this may dictate what type of holster I end up with for the Bodyguard.
    Has this been a problem for anyone else? Has anyone accidentally turned their Bodyguard laser on while in a holster? I think either a stiff leather or Kydex holster would take care of any possible issue with this?
    The Hostler

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: S&W Bodyguard 38 laser activation inside pocket holster

I've been carrying mine in a sticky holster for a couple weeks now and i havent had it kick on yet. How are you making out with yours?
    IANAL

(Franklin County)

Default Re: S&W Bodyguard 38 laser activation inside pocket holster

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    I've been carrying mine in a sticky holster for a couple weeks now and i havent had it kick on yet. How are you making out with yours?
    I can make it come on in my Uncle Mikes holster but haven't had it happen accidentally yet. I actually feel better about it now that I know the laser will go off in 5 minutes if it is activated.
    The Hostler