Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Have the first generatio Glocks become "collectible"?

....and valuable as such?
    During lunchbreak a fellow gun guy co worker approached me today and asked if I had heard anything about the collector status of the first gen glocks.He said someone had mentioned it to him and said that certain models are now going for over a thousand dollars each.What say you all?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Have the first generatio Glocks become "collectible"?

I can't say that I keep track that closely, but I do recall seeing Gen1 17's for $600 recently.

So I could see maybe the longslides approaching a grand.

(Lancaster County)

Not just yet, wait a month and see who gets elected, then High-points will go for $1k and Glocks will be $10k ;-) wink wink nudge nudge... I hope that never comes to pass.
    I have not seen any premiums on the gen-1, but I don't see them very often. Many people prefer the gen-2 to the gen 3, but there isn't any premium that I'm aware of.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Not just yet, wait a month and see who gets elected, then High-points will go for $1k and Glocks will be $10k ;-) wink wink nudge nudge... I hope that never comes to pass.
    I have not seen any premiums on the gen-1, but I don't see them very often. Many people prefer the gen-2 to the gen 3, but there isn't any premium that I'm aware of.

Cb
    I just jumped on GunBroker, there are people willing to pay a premium.

(Elk County)

IMO I think it's a case of dealers who have them in inventory, and owners of Gen 1 Glocks both having wishful thinking, and attempting to stir interest in them by buyers who would pay a premium based on the perception of value. I too have seen true Gen 1 17s sell in the $500 - $600+ range, usually online, but I've seen others languish in display cases at that price point for months. Condition is certainly a factor.

Similarly, IMO there is an already keen interest in Gen 2 Glocks, certain models such as the 17 and 19, and it's spreading as people who have owned/fired Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks have discovered that Glock Perfection peaked with the Gen 2, the model without cheesegrater grip texture and finger grooves that fit someone's hand, but not theirs. The Gen 2 is the real sleeper that shooters are (re)discovering.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

A multiple-gun dealer at Oaks said as far as he is concerned, Glock could have stopped with gen 2 and that he still prefers gen 1.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....and valuable as such?
    During lunchbreak a fellow gun guy co worker approached me today and asked if I had heard anything about the collector status of the first gen glocks.He said someone had mentioned it to him and said that certain models are now going for over a thousand dollars each.What say you all?
    If someone wants to pay me over a grand for my Gen1 G-17, feel free to PM and we can discuss it !

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    A multiple-gun dealer at Oaks said as far as he is concerned, Glock could have stopped with gen 2 and that he still prefers gen 1.
    I think he has it right.

(Franklin County)

The 1st gen G19s have become somewhat collectable because their weren't many made, the 19 is popular and there is a cult following for any G19s 1st or 2nd gen.
    I have a 2nd gen 19 that I won't be selling because I bought it new back in 1989 (IIRC) at a gun show and it has no real paper trail to me. Or maybe I don't have it...........
    The Hostler

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The 1st gen G19s have become somewhat collectable because their weren't many made, the 19 is popular and there is a cult following for any G19s 1st or 2nd gen.
    I have a 2nd gen 19 that I won't be selling because I bought it new back in 1989 (IIRC) at a gun show and it has no real paper trail to me. Or maybe I don't have it...........
    If you bought it in PA, don't be so sure. There was still a report made to the PSP on a form about the size of a 3x5 card. I do not know when the infamous not a database was started, so it may or may not be in there. Anyone who can clarify, feel free to chime in. (I remember a three part form, 1 copy each for seller, buyer, and PSP)

(Fayette County)

How do you tell what Gen a Glock is?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast