Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default non resident LTCF

Does anyone know if Erie county still accepts non resident applications by mail or on line?

Default Re: non resident LTCF

I don't know of any counties currently accepting mail/online application submission.

All non resident applications must now be in person.
    Your best bet is to contact a sheriff's dept that issues on the spot, and plan it into your next visit.
    FUCK BIDEN

Got my non-resident LTC from Erie County a couple of months ago. Had to appear in person.
    I got to the courthouse, and PICS was down statewide. When I went back a couple of days later, I just casually mentioned to the Deputy who took my application that I had been by a few days earlier but PICS was down. He said "You've been inconvenienced enough. I won't make you wait today." and issued mine on the spot.

About two weeks later, a friend of mine went to Erie for hers. They took her application and told her she'd receive it in the mail. This was on a Friday. Her LTC showed up in the mail on Tuesday.

They may or may not issue on the spot. It really depends on how busy they are. I really have to commend Sheriff Loomis though. He apologized for my initial inconvenience, even though it wasn't his fault. He responded to emails VERY promptly, and was VERY helpful throughout the entire process.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by HXD View Post
    Got my non-resident LTC from Erie County a couple of months ago. Had to appear in person.
    I got to the courthouse, and PICS was down statewide. When I went back a couple of days later, I just casually mentioned to the Deputy who took my application that I had been by a few days earlier but PICS was down. He said "You've been inconvenienced enough. I won't make you wait today." and issued mine on the spot.

About two weeks later, a friend of mine went to Erie for hers. They took her application and told her she'd receive it in the mail. This was on a Friday. Her LTC showed up in the mail on Tuesday.

They may or may not issue on the spot. It really depends on how busy they are. I really have to commend Sheriff Loomis though. He apologized for my initial inconvenience, even though it wasn't his fault. He responded to emails VERY promptly, and was VERY helpful throughout the entire process.
    Thank you to everyone that responded to my thread about ltcf non resident. I guess I'm going to Erie.

(Jefferson County)

I can tell you that Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Jefferson, and Centre counties are known to be friendly to non-residents on the central and western portions of PA.

There may be others, but their status isn't known.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I can tell you that Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Jefferson, and Centre counties are known to be friendly to non-residents on the central and western portions of PA.

There may be others, but their status isn't known.
    Add McKean to the list.
    Non res not an issue, Issues on the spot.....pending pics
    FUCK BIDEN

Thanks to all of you that replied to my post LTCF non resident great advice.