Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: Carrying to the polls?

I got up at 0500 so I could be first in line but decided I was two tired. So I went back to bed and got up at 0700. MY Wife went to vote before work so I put the Daughter on the bus. My Daughter then said she wanted to go with me to vote. So I waited till just before noon. I was 534 in the A-I line. I was OC the whole time and got some smiles. On the way out we stopped and talked to the Constable for about 15 minutes.

On a side note my Daughter (5yo) told me she voted at School. I asked how she Voted and she said the Teacher helped. I asked her who did you pick? She very proudly announced TRUMP!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I wonder where Viper is sleeping tonight.

Anyone heard from him today? He said he's OCing to a school to vote.
    Awwww,you like me.*blushes*

My fiance did a cursory search online, something akin to "is it legal to carry a gun at the polls," and of course, the answer came up as no - since the person who wrote the article gave no credence to the "other lawful purpose" exception. I told her that I was confident in my interpretation of the law, and she asked me if I was really willing to be the test case, should something go wrong. In return, I asked her if she would support me, and like the wonderful woman she is, she said yes.

So off to the elementary school we went. There was a state constable there, and I noticed that he was not only unarmed, but had two empty mag pouches on his belt. No one had a problem with my open exercising of the 2nd Amendment, although it was pretty slow. The whole thing took maybe ten minutes, and there was no line to speak of.

It doesn't seem like anyone else had any issues, either, from what I can tell.
    Junior

I never said that. I was just wondering if you got locked up before you could vote for Trump.

10 minutes? I waited an hour, our here in the country!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

I have no need to carry to my polling place. It's a funeral home, only dead democrat voters there.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    So, can poll workers carry?
    Today there was a sheriffs deputy carrying. He wasn't in uniform, but was displaying his shield loud and proud, and was seated with the poll workers.
    For some reason I thought poll workers couldn't carry for the same reason uniformed leo's could not.
    Just like OC; if it is not specifically addressed by law, it is therefore permitted.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Awwww,you like me.*blushes*

My fiance did a cursory search online, something akin to "is it legal to carry a gun at the polls," and of course, the answer came up as no - since the person who wrote the article gave no credence to the "other lawful purpose" exception. I told her that I was confident in my interpretation of the law, and she asked me if I was really willing to be the test case, should something go wrong. In return, I asked her if she would support me, and like the wonderful woman she is, she said yes.

So off to the elementary school we went. There was a state constable there, and I noticed that he was not only unarmed, but had two empty mag pouches on his belt. No one had a problem with my open exercising of the 2nd Amendment, although it was pretty slow. The whole thing took maybe ten minutes, and there was no line to speak of.

It doesn't seem like anyone else had any issues, either, from what I can tell.
    What's your polling location? I know you moved up to the Allentown area, just wondering.
    IANAL

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlG View Post
    Just like OC; if it is not specifically addressed by law, it is therefore permitted.
    For poll workers, it's no different than any other job - it would be up to county policy or the judge of elections for that ward.

(Wayne County)

I carried to the polls, but mostly because I had to walk over a half mile each way to my voting location through a wooded area known to have bears; the small parking lot was full and I had a big lunch that day so I opted to get some exercise. My Glock and spare magazine concealed well, and the polling place had no signs prohibiting firearms, so I went in and cast my vote. No muss, no fuss.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910