Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: I want to volunteer posting the political action banners till the election

Ok, here's the deal straight from DanP.

Under our specific charter as a non-profit organization PAFOA cannot endorse candidates. And he is hesitant on promoting content that does so officially as PAFOA. This is a legal matter.

You all, as individuals can and can have a thread for your endorsements, voter guide, etc. Which I might be able to sticky post(now sticky'd) your thread and leave PAFOA clear of endorsement or electioneering.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: I want to volunteer posting the political action banners till the election

Then how about at least cleaning up the home page so it doesn't look like the site has been inactive for two years?

Maybe make the link to the forum more prominent.

(Montgomery County)

The changes look great.
    I think they will do us all a lot of good.
    My thanks go out to Dan, knight0334, and to the rest of the PAFOA team for the timely and effective response.
    Berncly-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Indiana County)

Not to be a negative Nellie, but while that is a definite improvement, a little proofreading needs done.

Every and Pennsylvania.

But yes, that addresses the very thing I was told about last weekend.
    Much better!

(Monroe County)

Reading though the tread makes me quote Martha Stewart - "it's a good thing"
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Ok, here's the deal straight from DanP.

Under our specific charter as a non-profit organization PAFOA cannot endorse candidates. And he is hesitant on promoting content that does so officially as PAFOA. This is a legal matter.

You all, as individuals can and can have a thread for your endorsements, voter guide, etc. Which I might be able to sticky post(now sticky'd) your thread and leave PAFOA clear of endorsement or electioneering.
    Got that and understand it. If castle was ok, semi auto hunting, uniformity in gun laws, Sunday hunting, tax forgiveness on safes, etcetera should replace it just fine. Please just make it look alive. I almost didn't sign up because I thought it was dead.

(Berks County)

Hey I just took a look. That's much better.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    ...As another member here likes to bring up, there are 70,000 members here...
    About 3500 have visited in the last month and many of those are bots or people that never posted, many of which signed up and left. And we get the most traffic during lead ups to elections and gun control pushes.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    About 3500 have visited in the last month and many of those are bots or people that never posted, many of which signed up and left. And we get the most traffic during lead ups to elections and gun control pushes.
    Yep.

Over 10000 of that 70K+ are banned for infractions or because they are spammer signups. (I regularly review the member ship list for spammer signups and immediately ban them and their ISP's IP allotment when discovered).

We're probably around 60K of non-banned folks, of which there are tons of spammer signup that I've yet to get to. Most of the rest are 1-hit wonders.

The active and semi-active base is closer to 10K-12K combined.

There are a number of news sources that do hit PAFOA's forums, and there are LEO's that do the same - pro-gun and anti-gun for either. Which is one reason why certain persons and their activities get muffled by staff(for their own good and the good of PAFOA).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

I miss valorius, not so much wakefield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast