Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Default Trijicon MRO

Anyone here have one? Thinking of getting one for my Sig MCX. Looks like a great compromise between my aimpoint pro and aimpoint T2 that I have on other rifles.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Trijicon MRO

Very good. Slight fish eye is being reported by some but I don't notice it. Also some say it's not a true 1x. Again not a big deal for me because the fov is huge. I dig it and probably one of my favorite dots

Thank you!

(Philadelphia County)

It is a great dot. I don't think its a true 1x either, but its probably like a 1.05x I'd go for it! beware of clones and fakes online.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Chester County)

No direct experience here but I've heard (for the first time) some not so good feedback on it. Do some of your research at AR15.com as many have tried it there.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Chester County)

I picked one up over the summer after putting in some time researching and then testing one out. Luckily my buddy let me borrow his under the exception that I didn't mess with his zero. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

I wanted it mainly due to the weight and durability. This is on my lightweight set up and it is perfect in that regard. There is a very slight magnification but not anything that was a deal breaker for me. Actually my dominant eye requires a stronger prescription anyway so I don't even notice it period. With that said, this is something you should judge for yourself before slapping down a couple hundred bucks.

There is some feedback out there on the red glow under darker conditions. This is true but the only time I have come across this is in extreme low light. I have shot in a few indoor ranges with lower lighting and it has never been a factor. Literally the only time it has come up is when I was trying to actively make it occur while at home. God forbid I ever have to use this thing in my house, it certainly isn't going to hinder my ability to operate.

I wont bore you with all the good since you seem to have already done your research. Everything they say has proven true thus far. With all of that said, I think it is a great optic for a reasonable price and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I went ahead and picked one up because in keeping with the lightweight of the MCX, I wanted a lightweight optic. The aimpoint PRO is awesome, but I wanted something less bulky for this rifle. Plus, it's Trijicon so I'm not terribly worried about quality or durability. I have read some of the complains, but they seem minor in comparison to the pluses. Mine should be here this week!

I have two of them. I like the 30mm tube much better than on my T1. Those issues u especially reported were on older models. I was skeptical when they came out, due to some issues, but Trijicon addressed issues. Much better price point compared to T1/2.

I like this thing a lot. I may replace the pro with another.

Incidentally, I bought one of those new trijicon protectors with lens flip caps but it doesn't work with the mount I bought.

If any of you MRO owners are interested, I'll post it in classifieds.

I got their neoprene slip cover instead.

Just a follow up, this has been a great optic. I did end up replacing my Pro with another MRO, and got the Trijicon cover to work with a LaRue mount.

They were quick to zero and I dismounted/mounted several times to ensure return to zero.

I think Trijicon nailed a sweet spot between the Aimpoint micros and Pro sized optics. I even considered replacing the T2 on my Scorpion but the T2 just works on that tiny SBR and I don't think that I would be gaining anything and I would lose money. At least with an MRI/Pro swap it was a wash.

Anyway, the MRO is a fantastic, compact, and light weight optic and at a good price point. I couldn't be happier. Thanks to those that chimed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast