Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LEOSA and NJ?

Default Re: LEOSA and NJ?

IMO, Judge Andrew Dingman, 1757 of what is now Dingman's Ferry said it best....when a prisoner was brought before his bench he declared..." I banish you and send you straight to Hell...now cross the river and go to the Jerseys".
    Last edited by xXxplosive; December 27th, 2017 at 08:51 PM.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    Was talking today to someone in Easton, was talking law enforcement had to call ahead from other
    states and inform the NJ state police they were coming thru on business.

If you are law enforcement from another state, authority from another state don’t go to nj unless you
    notify. PERIOD....
    Non-NJ LEOs have no lawful authority in NJ. Just like non-Pa. LEOs have no lawful authority in Pa. Just passing through to another state? Notifying the state authorities would be proper, and courteous.

(Luzerne County)

If I were doing an investigation and had to go to NJ or any other state to talk to someone, check out an alibi, etc., I would contact the local PD, inform them of my intentions and request an officer accompany me so the person I am going to see know I’m legit. Traveling through NJ or any other state while going to yet another state, there is no need to notify anyone.

I routinely travel to NY or NJ for LE firearms training events in a marked vehicle.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    I routinely travel to NY or NJ for LE firearms training events in a marked vehicle.

When going to NYC, do you have to install a New York Trigger on your sidearm? You know, the one requiring a twelve pound pull?

(Chester County)

I’ve extradited prisoners from Delaware to Pennsylvania without any issues from Delaware. However the paperwork was all ready in order prior to me even leaving the office.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

I routinely travel into the state of NY. Glock 43. No magazine capacity concerns.

So question-
    As a qualified active duty DoD LEO under LEOSA, would i still need to register my Glock while I am in NJ? Or is my concealed Glock, 10rd loaded magazine and LEOSA ID creds enough?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHU2002 View Post
    So question-
    As a qualified active duty DoD LEO under LEOSA, would i still need to register my Glock while I am in NJ? Or is my concealed Glock, 10rd loaded magazine and LEOSA ID creds enough?
    I don’t know why you would need to register your Glock, but if you reside in NJ, then I have no clue what your rules are. In PA we don’t have to register any firearms.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHU2002 View Post
    So question-
    NJ is similar to Pa in that there is no handgun registration per se but there is a record of transfer database for in-state transactions with some exceptions (eg. inheritance). You do not need to "register" your Glock.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    NJ is similar to Pa in that there is no handgun registration per se but there is a record of transfer database for in-state transactions with some exceptions (eg. inheritance). You do not need to "register" your Glock.
    Interesting. I read the same thing (not having to register in NJ), but then i saw the voluntary registration form online and talking about stopping by the nearest NJSPD to declare a gun. This stuff is a little confusing with NJ. I reside in NC; active duty MP with LEOSA ID. I just want I make sure I’m not going to get in trouble for having an unregistered firearm in NJ. Thanks everyone.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast