Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA and NJ?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LEOSA and NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Who did NJSP pattern their uniforms after?

Attachment 112497

Ohhh , yeah!

Attachment 112498
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Say what you will about the Nazis but the SS had some of the sharpest uniforms ever designed.
    It is possible the SS copied off of the NJSP. Colonel Schwarzkopf, a West Point Graduate, designed the NJSP uniform after he was appointed the first Colonel in July 1921. His military background influenced the design. The SS was still forming their uniforms in the mid ‘20’s.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, but they never learned to set the visor below the pupils, forcing a high carry of the chin.

(Luzerne County)

LEOSA was in effect the day it was signed. There was no need for any state to accept or recognize it. There were some arrests in the beginning because states didn’t know what they hell they were doing.

I am trying my best to find the failed arrest of someone who was covered under LEOSA. The judge basically ripped apart the prosecution and arresting department over the issue. In part, he said LEOSA has been well established and in any more cases that come before him like this, he will do his best to find the department quilty for failing to properly train their officers on LEOSA.

Everyone talks about how NJ will arrest anyone for having HP ammo, despite being covered by LEOSA, but I have not one case.

It’s plain to see that NJ does not like LEOSA, especially by the way they treat their retired officers. But, it’s those officers that need to fight the absurd restrictions place on them by NJ.

Heck, up to a few years ago, NJ would not allow their officers to have Tasers! They would not allow any officer to “ride the lightning” in order to see how the Taser feels, first hand. This is why any NJ officer wanting to feel the effects had to come to PA to get certified.

(Bucks County)

Being made to experience a taser shock is as ridiculous as requiring an officer to submit to being gunshot or having a baton (PR-24?) strike on his leg.

In an interesting twist, a former colleague retired to NJ. He and I renew together every year. He's a NJ resident carrying under LEOSA from his former PA department and NJ can't do anything about it.

He built a beautiful home on water, with boat at his dock...something he has had for many years while a PA resident and LEO. It's the price of living the shore life and fishing.

LEOSA original was signed by President G W Bush on July 22nd, 2004. It sprang from 9/11/01's national security setup.
    Last edited by Bang; November 22nd, 2018 at 02:52 AM.

As a common citizen, I say good. One doesn't deserve special treatment in the private sector because of ones former career choice.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post

I am trying my best to find the failed arrest of someone who was covered under LEOSA. The judge basically ripped apart the prosecution and arresting department over the issue. In part, he said LEOSA has been well established and in any more cases that come before him like this, he will do his best to find the department quilty for failing to properly train their officers on LEOSA.
    Steve the case you are looking for I believe, is the Pa. state Constable who was arrested in NY. . Yes the judge laid down the law and he was found not guilty. LEOSA prevailed as it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Being made to experience a taser shock is as ridiculous as requiring an officer to submit to being gunshot or having a baton (PR-24?) strike on his leg.
    That is not necessarily the case. When rolling around with a suspect if you get between the probes, you will get shocked. The idea behind the taser training was so officers would know how to react, and not give up in the fight. My taser training did NOT require anyone to be tased. It was strictly voluntary. Every officer took some type of a taser hit except one. That officer had a pace maker. Perhaps in the very early days a taser hit was required, however not all departments are ran the same.

As far pepper spray training that was a requirement. Again this was so the officer would continue to fight and not give up. I saw a female officer who was sprayed go into the fetal position on the ground. Had that been during a fight she could have been easily disarmed.

Baton training doesnot require you to be hit. Everyone has been hit as some point in their life. So being hit with a baton is not required. Using a baton effectivly and maintaing control over it far more important. if a bad guy were to disarm an officer deadly force could then be used. A baton is a deadly weapon when used improperly.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    LEOSA was in effect the day it was signed. There was no need for any state to accept or recognize it. There were some arrests in the beginning because states didn’t know what they hell they were doing.

Everyone talks about how NJ will arrest anyone for having HP ammo, despite being covered by LEOSA, but I have not one case.

It’s plain to see that NJ does not like LEOSA, especially by the way they treat their retired officers. But, it’s those officers that need to fight the absurd restrictions place on them by NJ.

Heck, up to a few years ago, NJ would not allow their officers to have Tasers! They would not allow any officer to “ride the lightning” in order to see how the Taser feels, first hand. This is why any NJ officer wanting to feel the effects had to come to PA to get certified.
    I don’t know if NJ changed their laws yet but they do or did place the taser on the same level as firearms on the use of force continuum. The few officers who had them couldn’t implement them unless death or serious bodily injury was possible. Even a suspect who wants to resist 100% and do everything short of a gun grab or choke hold couldn’t be tased.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Luzerne County)

I'm do for my instructor re-cert in 2019. On my previous re-cert in 2017, it was at Bethlehem PD and we had several officers from NJ in attendance. The idiocy of the NJ higher ups is beyond comprehension!

(Luzerne County)

Taser does not require an officer to take a taser hit in order to be certified. However, many will take the hit to see what it feels like. The same way as officers getting sprayed with pepper spray.

The taser/handgun comparison doesn't even merit talking about.

(Chester County)

Slingshots are illegal in New Jersey. What else needs to be said about those that govern such a backward state.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast