Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Well, they aren't all choir boys, and the job sometimes is unbearable, and so ...

... they act a bit of a twit, or worse:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...n-Youtube.html

There was one that I considered a good acquaintance, years ago, when I was a younger man, who used to goof about certain things, and yes, sometimes it was off-color and completely politically incorrect. However, I also knew that this was one guy who would give it his all when the time came, and it did for him, altogether too early.

This seems very unfortunate happenstance, professional standards of decorum or not.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Well, they aren't all choir boys, and the job sometimes is unbearable, and so ...

Having been in too many tragic situations, this is how we cope. It is rude, crude and just wrong, but it is human nature. We can either find the humor in the tragedy or self destruct.

I am sure that he would be remorseful and respectful in the presence of family. In an unguarded moment with friends, he found some release. Unfortunately, that which would have gone unnoticed by anyone a decade ago now becomes national news.

As the saying goes, don't judge until you have walked a mile in another's shoes. Think of the situation he is describing and the horror of it. A fellow human, shot in the head, in the throws of dying. Now imagine this type of tragedy being a part of your job, week in and week out. How would you cope?

I agree with you King 5.45. He is a victim of time and place. He will be vilified not because of how he performed his job, but how he released some of the stress of his job. And, like your friend, he would probably lay his life on the line for a complete stranger. It is sad that this moment of unguarded candor will probably cost him his career.