Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Beretta Pico .380 -vs- Keltec P32 .32ACP - deep concealment/ no excuse EDC

which one and why?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beretta Pico .380 -vs- Keltec P32 .32ACP - deep concealment/ no excuse EDC

I have the Keltec P32 and the P3AT (.380 version) both are reliable,light and easy to conceal - both make it easy to say no excuses. I have no experience with the Pico, but it looks like another clone (like the Ruger LCP) not that that's a bad thing - more competition, more slightly different choices of something that works... The P32 was my first pocket pistol- I moved up to the .380 mainly due to the price of ammunition, so that that would be my suggestion.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Beretta Pico .380 -vs- Keltec P32 .32ACP - deep concealment/ no excuse EDC

A good friend of mine carries a Keltec P32 relegiosly. It's a nice pocket piece for sure. I went with a Glock 42 for that role though. I'm not a huge fan of pocket carry, but it does have it's place.

(Delaware County)

I have both. I carry the Keltec P32 in summer because it's a good pants pocket carry. I carry the Pico in my jacket pocket from around now through spring because I'm wearing a jacket that would inhibit draw from a pants pocket. If I had to strictly pick one, I'd probably pick the Pico and wear suspenders. I'm a bit rotund, so too much weight in my pocket can cause an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks all for the replies... DannyB, interested in your thoughts on why the pico (since you have both); I rock the P32 with 71gr FMJs... if Beretta would release that DAMN 32ACP BARREL FOR THE PICO, I wouldnt even post the question but... nothing from them, and I mean NOTHING - no word since the press releases on it. Kind of Crappy of them to market the Pico as a 380/32 "with a simple barrel change" and never release the barrel.

(Delaware County)

I carry the Pico in fall-winter because the jackets and coats that I'm wearing make carrying this heavier pistol more practical, and people wear heavier clothing in those seasons. I hope to never ever have to draw either the P32 or the Pico, but if a situation occurs in which I must defend myself, I want to give myself whatever edge I can.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Montgomery County)

The P32 is sometimes prone to rim lock with some ammo. The Pico has better sights, and its dependability make it my preference of the two. They both conceal well.

I'm going to just say .380 over .32 regardless of model or manufacturer simply because of the higher cost and relative scarcity of the 32 ammo over 380.

Not sure why it has to be a .32 but to each his own I suppose.
    Anyways , I got 2 3AT's in .380 ….both are 2nd Gen's and have run flawlessly for about 600rds in one and 400rds in the other.
    No fluff/buff , all I've done was install one of them pocket clips on each.
    If you wanted a slightly bigger pistol , I have a Taurus TCP in 380 also.
    Tiny bit bigger and there is certainly more to hold.
    Precious little to hold on them keltec's but they are what they are.
    Both models fit in front jeans pocket.
    The Taurus was trouble free first 200rds and then with a different lot of ammo the bullet began to lock the slide back due to the bullet coming into contact with the slide release from the inside of the pistol.
    I quickly removed enough metal to assure that would not happen again and it's been flawless since.

(Allegheny County)

I wonder how many more options there are in the 4+ years since this question was asked?

LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast