Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Trying to decide whether to file down the finger bumps on my Gen 3 G23

I already slightly deepened the finger-accommodating curve at the rear of the trigger guard. It could stand a little more, but the additional depth I created is subtle and hard to detect by looking at it.

I've had this pistol for a few years and I guess put 500 hundred rounds of 9mm through it. As an EDC it's a 357SIG. I seem to grab the pistol the same way from its holster and am aware that the fingers more ride the humps than fall into the grooves, but it's a familiar feeling that gives tactile information that I am concerned would be lacking if the grip were smoothed.

I'm guessing the tactile info of middle finger up against the guard will remain and may be all that's needed, but I'm not sure about being able to sense any unwanted rotation (resulting in barrel left or right of straight ahead).

This is the kind of modification that is pretty much too late and committed.

Anyone modified the front of the G23 grip to a bumpless/grooveless configuration and is sorry?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Trying to decide whether to file down the finger bumps on my Gen 3 G23

Sell it and buy a Sig P320. You won't regret it.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trying to decide whether to file down the finger bumps on my Gen 3 G23

Not sorry at all. First thing I do with any new Glock is dremmel off the finger grooves, double undercut on the trigger guard and stipple it.

(Lycoming County)

I'm not a "Glock guy" so maybe I don't get it, but why not just start out with a gen 2 instead? Then the finger grooves wouldn't be an issue.

(Berks County)

Glock finger grooves fit my left hand but not my right. I'm right handed. If you already modified the frame, might as well make it feel good the rest of the way. I think the indexing thing is blown out of proportion. Feels right is indexed. It's why I can shoot with the grooves, by the time I'm focused the annoyance of the grooves is off the que. Its only in the handleing of the gun in absence of actual firing that I notice the miss fit. The glock is a block after all.

(Centre County)

Anyone around you have a Gen 2 19 or 23 you could fondle??
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Philadelphia County)

My 19 is undercut, no finger grooves and stipples and I love it. I say go for it
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.