Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: SBR in car/truck

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Which form do I fill out if I wanted to SBR this?

or if I were to replace the chainsaw with a shotgun and I wanted to short the shotgun, would that be one form or two?
    It doesn't stand for "Saw Below Rifle", dude....

On a related note, I wonder what kind of mayhem you CAN do to a firearm, before Pennsylvania's Prohibited Offensive Weapons statute kicks in despite the firearm exemption.

". . . or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose."

(3) This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It doesn't stand for "Saw Below Rifle", dude....

On a related note, I wonder what kind of mayhem you CAN do to a firearm, before Pennsylvania's Prohibited Offensive Weapons statute kicks in despite the firearm exemption.

". . . or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose."

(3) This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    A chainsaw does serve a common lawful purpose, it's mean for cutting wood. I just want to be able to protect myself while being a lumberjack.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Which form do I fill out if I wanted to SBR this?

or if I were to replace the chainsaw with a shotgun and I wanted to short the shotgun, would that be one form or two?
    i have no clue what that would cost or how many forms... but i do want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Mo...Shotgun_System
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i have no clue what that would cost or how many forms... but i do want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Mo...Shotgun_System
    $400 in stamps. About $25-30K for the MG and SBS. Plus chiropractic fees.

well. if it were just a sbr semi auto and the sbs which is a bolt. it'd cut the cost down but it would not be exactly what i posted a photo of.

so it would technically be both an sbr and an sbs.
    what about a combo gun like those that fire a .410 and a .45, if you went shorty on one of them, what would it be? sbr or sbs?

and what about the .22/.410 combo's (like the shtf over/under scout type rifles)? since technically they can't share a barrel where the above can?
    didn't they make a judge carbine? would it not just be a judge revolver if it were shortened? bet you'd still need a stamp...

well. if it were just a sbr semi auto and the sbs which is a bolt. it'd cut the cost down but it would not be exactly what i posted a photo of.

what about a combo gun like those that fire a .410 and a .45, if you went shorty on one of them, what would it be? sbr or sbs?

and what about the .22/.410 combo's (like the shtf over/under scout type rifles)? since technically they can't share a barrel where the above can?
    didn't they make a judge carbine? would it not just be a judge revolver if it were shortened? bet you'd still need a stamp...
    Youre getting into AOW territory on SB combo guns.

Youre getting into AOW territory on SB combo guns.
    ah, thanks for entertaining the derailment.
    now only to win the lottery...

on the actual topic, i had thought about an sbr for vehicle carry but honestly, gonna leave it in there? sling it and walk into a store for some coffee?
    it'd be a hell of a lot more tempting a target than a GPS unit or mp3 player left behind. and we have vehicles broken into for loose coins up here.
    kind of deterred me.
    if it ever gets bad enough that it becomes a serious consideration, probably won't be driving too often anyway. much less worrying about paperwork, laws and regulations.

(Jefferson County)

If the shotgun component is permanently fixed to the rifle it is a single $200 tax stamp as an AOW if you can get both barrels between 12" and 18".
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

A .45/.410 is a .45 caliber handgun. The bore is .450" and groove is .452", it just happens to have a chamber long enough to fit a .410bore shell. Just because it can chamber "shotgun shells" doesn't make it a shotgun, otherwise a .22LR rifle/handgun would become a shotgun anytime you use CCI Shot Capsules.

The barrel is rifled, so what determines its status is the presence of a shoulder stock(rifle) or a grip designed to be held and fired with one hand(handgun).

.410bore shotguns are smoothbores. And the bore is just that, .410"(versus .45 caliber for .45Colt). You CANNOT shoot .45Colt out of .410 shotguns, well, so long as you want to keep the gun and body parts in original condition.

Those "jungle carbines" and survival guns were made in Title I and Title II conditions. Title I had both barrels at a minimum of 18" since there was a smoothbore in one of the barrels. The Title II had sub-18" barrels and legally are AOW's.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    A .45/.410 is a .45 caliber handgun. The bore is .450" and groove is .452", it just happens to have a chamber long enough to fit a .410bore shell. Just because it can chamber "shotgun shells" doesn't make it a shotgun, otherwise a .22LR rifle/handgun would become a shotgun anytime you use CCI Shot Capsules.

The barrel is rifled, so what determines its status is the presence of a shoulder stock(rifle) or a grip designed to be held and fired with one hand(handgun).

.410bore shotguns are smoothbores. And the bore is just that, .410"(versus .45 caliber for .45Colt). You CANNOT shoot .45Colt out of .410 shotguns, well, so long as you want to keep the gun and body parts in original condition.

Those "jungle carbines" and survival guns were made in Title I and Title II conditions. Title I had both barrels at a minimum of 18" since there was a smoothbore in one of the barrels. The Title II had sub-18" barrels and legally are AOW's.
    Do not believe that explanation will work in the peoples republic of California, though. Here is a thread for your digestion:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=128910

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast