Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock failing to reset

Hello, I recently installed a ghost edge connector and a flat faced trigger shoe on my gen 4 Glock 19 and for some reason every once in a while while dry firing and holding the trigger to the rear and letting off to reset the trigger remains in the rearward position. If I rerack the slide this trigger will come forward or if I pull the trigger forward it is just a dead trigger. That makes me think it is not a trigger issue and I'm leaving for work soon so I haven't had a chance to reinstall the original connector.

I did swap out the trigger assembly before for a non ribbed Glock 17 trigger so I installed the new shoe on the original trigger bar. While I had both trigger bars out of the gun I noticed the replacement trigger bar is missing the dimple that the gen 4 has and I must have somehow missed it during the swap before but the trigger has been working without the dimple for years.

Any ideas why my new trigger shoe goes dead? Thanks!
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock failing to reset

Should be curable with a phone call to the Ghost people.

(Berks County)

I'm pretty sure the gen 4 needs that dimple for alignment. On the other hand it sounds like a NY 1 trigger spring.

(Armstrong County)

Are you sure you put the pins in the right order? If I remember correctly, if you put them in the reverse order you took them out, then the slide release spring lays on the wrong side and you get the symptom that you are experiencing

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Are you sure you put the pins in the right order? If I remember correctly, if you put them in the reverse order you took them out, then the slide release spring lays on the wrong side and you get the symptom that you are experiencing

Hmmm I'm pretty sure I took the pins out from the left side of the pistol towards the right then put them back in from right to left after watching people do it on YouTube. I'll take it back down and try the pins going in the other way tho.

(Lancaster County)

you can run gen 3 trigger bars (no bump) in a gen 4 (bump) without problems. I run gen 3 trigger bars in all my gen 4's.

I would check out the ghost connector. I know i have had problems with some of mine even tho they are suppose to be "drop in". check and make sure it didnt get bent at all during the install.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Hmmm I'm pretty sure I took the pins out from the left side of the pistol towards the right then put them back in from right to left after watching people do it on YouTube. I'll take it back down and try the pins going in the other way tho.
    Not the DIRECTION, but the ORDER. Of, which pin you put in first. You have to put them back in in the order you took them out. Not the reverse order you took them out, as common sense would tell you. If you didn't know about this, then this is most likely your problem.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Not the DIRECTION, but the ORDER. Of, which pin you put in first. You have to put them back in in the order you took them out. Not the reverse order you took them out, as common sense would tell you. If you didn't know about this, then this is most likely your problem.
    I see what you're saying, I was in work when I replied and for some reason I was thinking the direction. I just read the takedown instructions and again and noticed the it says the locking block pin goes in first. Thank you.

(Lancaster County)

A Glock without a trigger reset is called a M&P.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent