Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Russian Television Warns of Nuclear War Amid US Tensions

With diplomatic relations between Moscow and Washington at their lowest point since the Cold War, turning on Russian television can be an alarming experience. For the past month, Russian media outlets have been punctuated with reports asking people whether they are ready for nuclear war.

"If it should one day happen, every one of you should know where the nearest bomb shelter is. It’s best to find out now," according to one particularly fevered report on the Russian state-owned channel, NTV.

Russia’s main current affairs show, hosted by a presenter known by critics as the country’s propagandist-in-chief, recently spent two hours warning that Russia would defend itself with nuclear arms.

"We’ve had it with American abuse over Syria," the show’s host, Evgeny Kiselyov, told his audience. "Impudent behavior," from the U.S. towards Russia, he said, can now take on "nuclear dimensions."

Anti-Americanism is not rare on Russian state news, nor is an inclination for the apocalyptic. But more notable than the intensity of the warnings has been how Russian government ministries have joined in the alarms in recent weeks. Since September, Russia has conducted a nationwide civil defense drill, purportedly involving 40 million people, preparing them for catastrophes -- among them nuclear fallout. Russia’s military announced who would run the country in the event of war and ran an exercise simulating that in the south.

Even more bluntly, Russia announced this week it was moving nuclear-capable ballistic missiles into its Northern European enclave, Kaliningrad, putting them within striking distance of Western capitals. In the same week, Russia test-fired 3 intercontinental ballistic missiles.
    I have always wanted to see a nuclear bomb go off.

The entire story is here: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/russian-te...opstories.html

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Russian Television Warns of Nuclear War Amid US Tensions

There's also this

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10...rts-claim.html

Russia is ordering all of its officials to fly home any relatives living abroad amid rising tensions over the prospect of a new world war, it’s been claimed.

Politicians and high-ranking figures are said to have received a high-level warning from tough guy president Vladimir Putin, according to local media.

The reported call to return to the Motherland – which comes after Putin suddenly cancelled a visit to France – applies to all state employees.
    More from The Sun

Workers were reportedly told to pull their children out of school immediately, reports the Daily Star.

The top level order applies to administration staff, regional administrators, lawmakers of all levels and employees of public corporations.

Those that do not obey the edict will find the future employment prospects in tatters.

The reason for the urgent recall is unclear but one top analyst said it could be a hint war is on its way.

Russian political analyst Stanislav Belkovsky said: “This is all part of the package of measures to prepare elites to some ‘big war’.”

Russia recently held defense drills for 40 million citizens in apparent preparation for an all-out nuclear war.

“And earlier this month, Putin’s ministers announced they had built bunkers capable of housing Moscow’s 14 million people.

Putin cancelled a scheduled visit to Paris after French president François Hollande accused the Kremlin of war crimes in Syria.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: “The President has made a decision to cancel this visit.”

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has called on protesters to demonstrate outside the Russian embassy over the country’s brutal bombing of Aleppo.

Relations between Russia and the US are at their lowest since the Cold War and have soured in recent days after Washington pulled the plug on Syria talks and accused Russia of hacking attacks.

I have to at least give them credit for preparing their citizens for something no matter how unlikely.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Franklin County)

I live too close to Camp David, Site "R" and Washington DC.
    I really don't know if that means I'm better protected or if I'm in a world of shit when the nukes start flying.
    The Hostler

(Lackawanna County)

Don't worry. The US .gov will tell you all you need is plastic sheet and duct tape, and you will be fine. Since they dismantled the Civil Defense System, you are own your own.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Don't worry. The US .gov will tell you all you need is plastic sheet and duct tape, and you will be fine. Since they dismantled the Civil Defense System, you are own your own.
    I remember when Tom Ridge, then head of DHS told us to do that. I looked at my wife, and laughed. She asked me what I was going to do. I said, make more bullets.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I live too close to Camp David, Site "R" and Washington DC.
    I really don't know if that means I'm better protected or if I'm in a world of shit when the nukes start flying.
    What do you think?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I remember when Tom Ridge, then head of DHS told us to do that. I looked at my wife, and laughed. She asked me what I was going to do. I said, make more bullets.
    Yea, that and the panic buying of gas masks.

I've been joking about filling in the pool. Maybe I should build a bunker?

(Chester County)

There are always Potassium Iodine tablets.

(Bucks County)

Anyone who thinks we can shoot down a single missile, much less a few hundred, is a complete idiot. Remember the videos of the Israelis firing 3 or 4 Patriots at incoming scud missiles? Yeah, now, quickly name two locations of ready and manned, Patriot missile batteries near you.
    See what I mean? As soon as one gets launched, it is all over for all of us. Vote accordingly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast