Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Why will No FFL's will accept glock frame from an individual????

From my research it is completely fine and legal for an FFL to accept and transfer a handgun, or handgun frame from a private individual. The only "legal" hassle in it, are the strict rules for an individual shipping a handgun.

I've called half a dozen shops and the answer from all of them is "NO" citing various reasons....but most just saying "only FFL to FFL" for handguns... From my reasearch this appears to be a incorrect myth... what is with the gun community always perpetuating stupid myths???

Anyone know an FFL in the Lehigh Valley that will do it? Glock frame is coming from a friend out of state, and its such a hassle for him to get a gun shop to ship it (about 60-90 minutes from nearest gun shop), that I'd rather just buy another Glock 41 frame.

Default Re: Why will No FFL's will accept glock frame from an individual????

Is it coming from NJ?

That could be the issue. I wouldn't want to deal with anything coming from an anti state unless it were from an FFL. Not worth the hassle.
    Otherwise I think there is not an issue with what you are attempting to do, provided this person ships the lower correctly.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Northampton County)

Nope, Washington state.

Only 2 even asked what state. Last place I called, "Relic Hunter Firearms" doesn't accept ANY transfers from individuals... rifle or handgun. The lady I talked to at C & D guns talked to me like I was a criminal for even asking and how the ATF would come down on her.

My usual FFL told me its too risky, even with a copy of the guy's driver's license and concealed carry permit.

This is getting frustrating....

(Washington County)

Your buddy should be able to find a FFL local to him that will ship the frame for a reasonable fee. For an individual UPS/Fedex require it be done by priority overnight, which is not cheap. I think this is due to employee theft. An FFL can send it via USPS I believe.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

I can understand an FFL's reluctance especially with the current admin.
    But they shouldn't be giving false information either.

Good luck!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Your buddy should be able to find a FFL local to him that will ship the frame for a reasonable fee. For an individual UPS/Fedex require it be done by priority overnight, which is not cheap. I think this is due to employee theft. An FFL can send it via USPS I believe.
    Lets just say he's stubborn when it comes to going out of his way for BS reasons, and doesn't exactly live next to a city. He runs a company that is on his property, and they are shipping with all 3 services everyday. I've been out to his area a few times... Its a good 45 minute drive to anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I can understand an FFL's reluctance especially with the current admin.
    But they shouldn't be giving false information either.

Good luck!

Yeah I'm generally a very nice and reasonable person, but the last lady I talked to had me wanting to hang up on her.

(Lehigh County)

Did you try Andy Hensel in Northampton? He's taken firearms for me from individuals...no problems whatsoever.

(Montgomery County)

We aren't in Lehigh but we'd do the transfer for you. Give us a shout if you're interested.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    Did you try Andy Hensel in Northampton? He's taken firearms for me from individuals...no problems whatsoever.

Andy pull through for me! Thank for the heads up!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by KingShootersSupply View Post
    We aren't in Lehigh but we'd do the transfer for you. Give us a shout if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer and not following the myth/lie a lot of the gunshops i called do! If you were not a 70 minute drive I would have taken you up on the offer...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast