Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEM vs DA/SA

(Chester County)

Default LEM vs DA/SA

Anyone have any comments or opinions on the LEM trigger vs traditional DA/SA triggers?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LEM vs DA/SA

My opinion, for whatever it's worth, is that LEM triggers are meant for those who don't shoot/train with that firearm often. It's the same pull, every time. For the cop that shoots the gun maybe a few times or less a year, it's perfect. I prefer SA/DA, because I know the trigger on my guns, and I can shoot far better with a SA pull than a long LEM pull.

In laymen terms it's a light DAO trigger. The 1st pull will be longer but very smooth and all after will be shorter like a SA but will require the same weight as the 1st pull. They are typically 5 or 8lb triggers and I've only seen them in H&K pistols. What they offer is constantancy without a loss in accuracy from an overly long heavy trigger.

(Chester County)

Yeah, I'm looking at the P2000. I'm debating if I want v2 with LEM or v3 in traditional DA/SA.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Yeah, I'm looking at the P2000. I'm debating if I want v2 with LEM or v3 in traditional DA/SA.
    I know I am most likely in the minority here but when it comes to stock duty pistols to me a trigger is a trigger DA/SA, DAO, SAO, striker fired nothing changes in overall fundamentals so after a mag I'm ready to go. If you handled it and like the feel of the LEM then go for it.

(Beaver County)

The only thing I require from a trigger is that the gun goes bang when I pull the trigger,

(Bucks County)

My main carry is a P2000SK with V1 LEM (light LEM). For a daily driver, I love having the LEM trigger.

My usual range is DVSC - hit me up if you want to try it.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Both my HKs are V1 light LEMs.

I also train and shoot often. Not sure why this trigger would be for those that don't, but I wouldn't trade them for da/sa for any amount of training or carrying.

YMMV
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

LEM=(last I knew) Lunar Excursion Module. Me, I prefer plain English. Posting something that forces me to try to find what the letters stand for is not very considerate. IMNSHO

(Bucks County)

Carry/shoot a p2000sk 9mm / light LEM often as well as a USPc 40 light LEM (USP has the best LEM reset IMO). HKs with the standard DA/SA did not impress me, but the LEM set them apart. I can honestly say the LEM trigger has made me a better shooter, my focus on the front sight is much improved and I am shooting my Sigs and Glocks better as a result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast