Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Need recommendations for a rubber grip without finger grooves for S&W 44 mag

I currently have a Pachmayr rubber grip with finger grooves and they just don't line up with my fingers. The gun has a round butt frame and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me. Thanks in advance, Brian
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Need recommendations for a rubber grip without finger grooves for S&W 44 mag

I believe pachmayr makes a rubber grip without finger grooves for the round butt model. I had one for my 29-2 years ago and i'll tell you, without the finger grooves the gun would rotate in my hand under recoil and the old style cylinder latch would smack my knuckle and draw blood on the range.

keep in mind this was years ago and my first large bore revolver so I think my grip has strengthened since then. I remember buying the Hogue mono grip with finger grooves and it immediately fixed the issue for me.

these days I'm firing my 57-1 in .41 magnum with the old wooden target grips and it feels really good in my medium hands but .41 is a lighter recoiling round than .44.

here you go:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/985...t-rubber-black
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Need recommendations for a rubber grip without finger grooves for S&W 44 mag

^^Thats very close to what I'm looking for but they are discontinued. They also look line the "compact" style. Hogues don't feel right for me either. I've never found a perfect finger grooves grip in any pistol. Heck, even the A2 style AR grip forces me to grip it in an unnatural way.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Philadelphia County)

I don't like A2 grips either, I switch to magpul k2 but hogues fit me perfectly. Even my Glock 19 had the finger groooves chopped.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Berks County)

Take a look at Jerry Miculek wood grips. Wood that fits your hand is better than rubber that doesn't.

(Dauphin County)

(Lancaster County)

^^^ Thanks, everything usually does get run by eBay first. The problem I have with the grips in your thread is it they say K and L frame and nothing about N frame and I just don't know if Compac means compact. Really no reason I can think of to lose any real estate on grips for a full-size revolver.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/590000628
    Pachmayr presentation for N frame at gunbroker.

(Lancaster County)

^^^^^ugh, so close but they're for square butt. This definitely isn't as easy as it should be. I do appreciate everyone's help though.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

http://4wheelguns.com/NFrameGrips.html

Scroll down to last grip on the page. Will look a little strange on a 4" gun, but just fine on anything larger. Big butt gives you a place for your weak hand pinky and helps control recoil.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast