Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default FEG P9RK Magazine Compatibility

So Hodgie's thread about IWI Baby Eagle/CZ75 mag compatibility got me thinking about this one again.

I picked up a NIB Hungarian FEG P9RK roughly 10 years ago, and have been trying to find some extra mags ever since.

This is not the PJK-9 Hi-Power clone, it's kind of a S&W Model 59/HP hybrid. It's a very nice well made pistol that was imported by KBI years ago. The original hi-cap mags are unobtanium for under 50 bucks a pop if you can find them but they do come up from time to time.

The only reasonable ones I've been able to find are ProMag (not a viable option) or a 10 rounder that has a plastic bottom third section, grafted to the mag body.

I've seen on various forums that S&W 59 mags will work if you cut a slot for the mag catch on the other side of the magazine.

So..... MecGar makes 15 and 17 round 59/5900 mags that have cut outs on both sides of the mag body. This makes me wonder if they will work without any other modifications. For $18-20 it's worth a shot.

Does anybody here have any experience or first hand knowledge in using S&W mags in the FEG?

MecGar mag:

Factory P9RK Mag:

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: FEG P9RK Magazine Compatibility

FEG parts and magazines are a heck of a rarity. Even the PA-63, which is a Walther PP clone, takes its own magazine. I used to own one but sold it to finance another purchase. For the $20, give the MecGar a shot and see if it works. If not, you can always resell it.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: FEG P9RK Magazine Compatibility

Check out Numrich gun parts' website. About three years ago I ordered a second mag from them for another Hi-power clone by FEG, the GKK-92C. It was $35 for an original FEG mag. Good luck!
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)