Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default That #$%^ P3AT ejector....:-( Should i JB Weld it?

I've had a Kel-Tec P3AT for a few years now, and occasionally that damned ejector drops out of the frame because I seem too-frequently unable to remember it can do that. Last night I thought it was gone for good. I found it the second time I went through the waste basket contents.

I believe I recall reading years ago that some owners of same super glue the ejector in its slot. I doubt that would hold up as it wiggles too much. I'm thinking JB Weld.

Anyone permatized their P3AT ejector?

ETA: Found out thru KTOG that there is an upgraded larger-dimensioned ejector that requires tapping into the slot. Just ordered one.
    Last edited by Bang; October 5th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: That #$%^ P3AT ejector....:-( Should i JB Weld it?

Is the ejector that evil little bit that always fall on the floor when you take the slide off?
    I put a lot of Frog Lube paste on it. When the gun is cold it is solid and binds stuff together. When it's warm the gun is usually assembled.

(Bucks County)

Evil...good word! LOL! But the new one should hopefully do it.

Last night's adventure... drop mag, eject chambered round (sorry GunLawyer ), remove slide, note accumulated fuzz in the frame's internals, gave it the soap and hot water cure under the lav spout...and notice the ejector missing. Dammit...I did it again!

Searched diligently at work area and throughout the variety of stuff in the little waste basket to my right when seated at the work station. Flipped carpet runners, no clinks. Telescoping magnet probe of nooks and crannies. No joy. OK...P-trap off...not in there...Oboy...figured the water flow had sent that small gizmo up and over.

Now I am on Kel-Tec's website trying to figure out how to navigate the damned thing, to no avail. Phone number noted. One more search of the waste basket contents....and the evil thing had been in there all along!

(Berks County)

So how well does it shoot? Is the pain in the butt part worth it because of how well it runs? Or do you keep it around mostly for its size?

(Bucks County)

Shoots well within a pie plate at 15 yards. That's just looking over the slide in a point shoot as opposed to sight alignment. It bites the trigger finger. Trigger guard smacks the finger. Other than that, holstered in a De Santis pocket holster, it is always with me, as it has been since I purchased it in January 2005, and then I joined KTOG. From that site, I followed the fluff and buff instructions and made it reliable. Its size and weight is dangerous. One could easily forget it is aboard in places that discourage such constitutional rights.
    Last edited by Bang; October 5th, 2016 at 11:22 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I wear elastic waist running shorts almost 24/7 until about a month after normal people have switched to long pants because of falling temps.
    P3AT is ideal for IWB carry wearing shorts. Anything heavier and I'd just have to go without carrying because I can't stand long pants when it's warm.
    Carried a P32 before that. Had that since long before P3AT even existed.

I've only had it a year or so. Have yet to take it apart. Guess I'll watch out for that extractor!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!