Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Benner Pike Walmart to be selling firearms

Stopped by the Walmart store on the Benner Pike this morning, first time there since mid-August, to pick up some more ZQ1 7.62mm NATO and Perfecta/Fiocchi 223 Rem ammo (both are in stock there today, which is unusual). First thing I noticed is that they did a minor remodeling in layout of the sporting goods section. The ammo cabinet is now behind (and below) the sporting goods counter. That sucks, because now that to see what they have in stock everyone has to stand in front of the counter and crane their necks to see the bottom sections of the cabinet. I also noticed that the top section of the cabinet, which is currently empty, looked like it has been provisioned to display long guns. So I asked the associate who was helping me if they are going to start selling guns. She told me that they are. The time frame is still unknown right now, as a storage room / gun safe still needs to be built in the back, but soon. It is really nice to hear that we will have another place in State College to purchase firearms. Stay tuned.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Benner Pike Walmart to be selling firearms

This was supposed to happen back in the first quarter of the year, most likely to compete with Dunham's. Probably got back-burnered when they saw the obscene prices across the street, especially for most of their ammo. Doesn't matter to me since I absolutely refuse to buy a gun at Wal-Mart instead of a local gun store

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Benner Pike Walmart to be selling firearms

Update: The Benner Pike Walmart's gun counter is now open for business. Stopped by there earlier today for the first time since the general election. The gun cabinet is now stocked with long arms. Saw rifles by Remington, Savage, and Henry; and shotguns by Mossberg and Stevens (I am sure there are more brands, but those are what I can remember from a very casual look around). I was told by the associate there that they have been selling firearms for almost 8 weeks, since late November, and have averaged more than one gun sold per day. There are also two glass display cases under the front counter that are currently empty. I asked whether there is also a plan to sell handguns there, and was told there is not. It turns out that instead the plan is to stock the cases with selections of knives and binos.