Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock 26 vs 19 for carry

Anyone have experience carrying both the Glock 26 and 19? Is the 19 much more difficult to conceal?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 26 vs 19 for carry

I don't have the G19 or 26 but I do have the P320c and sc which are similar in dimensions and the sc is much easier to conceal than its bigger brother.

(Allegheny County)

I have a 19.
    I used to have a 27 (.40S&W - same size as a 26)

I don't/didn't carry either much because I don't find them all that concealable, but that's me based on my clothing and other things.

The only real difference in terms of concealment will be the grip length - the 19 will protrude more.

A 26 can be carried with mag extensions, but the 19 can't be made any "shorter".

The 19 is easier to hold due to the "normal" grip size.
    Good luck with your decision.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

I have both 26 and 27 but i don't have a 19...I'm not a fan of striker fire pistols so i wouldn't own a full-size glock, It is a proven weapon though..

I have a problem with things on my belt, I literally wear nothing but my handgun on it, no leatherman even though it would be handy, no phones, nothing but my holstered pistol..

yes grip length is easily concealed and the weight of 6 more rounds would turn me off. it was a pain in the ass to get use to the compact let alone something bigger.

Just a few more thoughts to consider..

As said, good luck and happy hunting..

side note: just something I came across that really improved the trigger pull on my glocks, you might want to check out a "ghost trigger" . glocks have a 5.5lb or better trigger pull, the ghost reduces it to 3.5lbs

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE GOOD TRIGGER DISCIPLINE IT'S A HELL OF AN IMPROVEMENT....

http://www.ghostinc.com/category/08_35_rocket/
    Last edited by 51158; September 30th, 2016 at 09:31 AM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

The 26 is easier to conceal because the barrel extends down less, and the grip is shorter; this matters at the margins, where a particular jacket might just cover the 26 but expose an inch of the 19.

Because the 26 also accepts the longer 19 mags, you have one extra option over the 19.

These things matter to us fat guys, because the "zone of flatness" where a pistol can be laid is smaller. Or not there at all. It's like placing a tennis racket against a beach ball and covering it with a towel, you're going to have parts visibly sticking up and away.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I have both and depending how you carry and the type of holster you want got use will matter greatly. I prefer to carry appendix so the 26 makes that possible with much more comfort especially when seated. If your carrying in the 4-5 o'clock position with a good hybrid type holster and your not overly concerned with printing then they are both pretty much the same as far as comfort goes.

Like GL stated above I carry the 26 with a factory 10 round mag and have a 15 round G19 mag with an xgrip adapter for my back up. If you want a range/HD/carry pistol all in one then the G19 is the better choice if your looking for just a double stack carry piece that is fairly comfortable for all year carry then the 26 is better.

I'm sure someone will come across shortly and tell you they can pocket carry the G19 as easy as the 26 which makes the 26 obsolete. Followed by a your just going to have to dresses around your gun speech so suck it up and buy a new poorly fitting wardrobe and have your wife, girlfriend, or mother sew hobo sized pockets in all your new pants blah blah blah.

Personally I prefer comfort especially if I'm going to be out and about all day so my EDC is a G43. I have added an extra round to the factory mag with no added length using a z spring from magguts.com and carry a +2 back up extended mag. If I'm heading to a particular area that's known for not being so great or to a movie theater then I carry the 26 in the configuration I stated above.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 30th, 2016 at 11:20 AM.

(Franklin County)

I've got a 26 and a 19. I thought the 19 was too big to conceal so I bought the 26. The 26 does conceal better. The short grip is the only reason the 26 is easier to conceal. Barrel length is negligible and there's no difference in the way they shoot (I actually shoot my 26 better than the 19 for some reason). If I could have one of them I would choose the 26 because I can always get a grip extender or run 19 or 17 mags if I need more capacity. The question of "concealment" is incremental and not black or white, it really comes down to how much printing YOU tolerate. There are people who CCW full sized 1911s and swear they can't be seen, me personally, I think my LCP and J-frame print if I look hard enough. The truth is most people in public don't notice printing. The only ways I carry are pocket carry the LCP or OWB either the 26 or J-frame. If you are going to OWB carry, to minimize printing, holster choice is as important as gun size. The cant and how close to the body are two things to look at.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

I have carried both, with a GOOD belt and holster - the difference is VERY small.

Of course, all of us are different sizes and builds so this will very from person to person, but I was able to EDC a Glock 19 for 10 years.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

All of the above posts are excellent and spot on.

Give yourselves some rep, guys.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Armstrong County)

SOE EDC belt and crossbreed supertuck, and I was able to conceal my glock 19 so well, that I switched to a Glock 17.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast