Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Walther PPK - No new production

I'd like to get a P230 in .32 but not for what they're going for.

Does anybody have a CZ50 or a CZ70 .32? I've been curious about how they shoot, and how reliable they are.

What are the differences between the two?

(Tioga County)

If I ever owned one it would have to be in .32. Have little interest in the .380.

Funny enough had that gun never been in the Bond films it probably would have been as popular as it's similar competitors at the time like the Sauer 38H. Sure a bit of collector interest but nothing like it has been.

(Montgomery County)

I have a CZ50 in 7.65 x 17 and though heavy, it is accurate. I reload so the costs are small. Similarly, I have a Mahurin PP in 7.65 x 17 and a very early PPK in the same calibre (has the heel release so that gives you an idea of its age). All are accurate. In a similar vein comes a Mauser 1914 in 7.65, and two Mauser HScs, one in 7.65 x 17, the other in 9 x 17, which are matched by an Interarms PPK/s in 9 x 17 and a Sig P230 also in 9 x 17.

All are accurate at 7 to 10 metres and therefore place shots where aimed. Since I reload these calibres and a lot of others, I can adjust loadings to what I want, rather than what manufacturers wish to sell. Dave_n

(Lancaster County)

I have a PPK and a CZ 70. The 70 is in .32 while the PPK is .380. The 70 is a nice gun, but the double action trigger is even worse than the PPK. Either would do find for any task you'd want to use them for.

(Columbia County)

What about a SIG P232?

Quote Originally Posted by RTF View Post

The SIG 232SL is one other that you will find going for high prices. I have one of these and its a great shooter. My sister was very lucky to find the SL herself. The gun store owner picked one up brand new and never really shot it. He just wanted it out of his safe (supposedly) and sold it one low price. Box, paperwork, nd with three magazines.
    Later we found out why he sold it for such, it was missing one spring - which was discontinued everywhere we looked. Even SIGs website posted it discontinued. Thats the thing with the SIG 232, it will be very hard to find parts for seeing most have been discontinued. I was lucky when I phoned SIG. I kept hearing their service is excellent. I was very happy when they found the spring in their warehouse and sent it out for free! I will say, what I heard on their servics is true.

Good luck, hope you find one!

I agree that the SIG 232 could be a good substitute for the PPK but as already mentioned by the above post, there are longer in production and they are expensive. I have one and the thing I don’t like about them is the magazine release is located on the heel of the grip.
    I suspect with all the smaller .380 and 9mm pistols out there, the PPK and the 232 are considered by many to be obsolete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12