Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Question Regarding my LTCF!!

OK guys I have a few questions that I hope maybe you can help me with. You may recall that I was going to turn in my application for LTCF a few weeks back after a firearms purchase , sadly that purchase turned into a PICS challenge and forced me to wait to proceed with my LTCF. So now everything is cleared up I am going to turn it in. I live in Lancaster and am wondering when I turn it in at the sherrifs office if this is something that you just drop off and walk right back out or if you need to stay there for a while to answer questions or something? Im wondering about this cuzz Im going to do it in the morning before work. Second question , do you think that I should turn in a copy of me PICS rversal letter along with my application? Last but not least does anyone happen to know the hours schedule for Lancaster sheriff? its not on their site that I could see , if not I will just give them a call.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Question Regarding my LTCF!!

Quote Originally Posted by 40twist View Post
    OK guys I have a few questions that I hope maybe you can help me with. You may recall that I was going to turn in my application for LTCF a few weeks back after a firearms purchase , sadly that purchase turned into a PICS challenge and forced me to wait to proceed with my LTCF. So now everything is cleared up I am going to turn it in. I live in Lancaster and am wondering when I turn it in at the sherrifs office if this is something that you just drop off and walk right back out or if you need to stay there for a while to answer questions or something? Im wondering about this cuzz Im going to do it in the morning before work. Second question , do you think that I should turn in a copy of me PICS rversal letter along with my application? Last but not least does anyone happen to know the hours schedule for Lancaster sheriff? its not on their site that I could see , if not I will just give them a call.
    Give them a call and ask them. From my experience with Westmoreland and Allegheny, it varies. First time I went for my LTCF, I had to drop off a form and they mailed my license. When I renewed in a different county, they did a PICS check and issued a license on the spot. When I lost my wallet and needed a new card, they made me file a form and wait for a background check. (New sheriff that isn't as LTCF friendly, thus a new policy.)

Take your reversal letter with you and ask them if they want it. Make sure you give them a copy because you'll probably never see the original again if you give it to them.

(Lancaster County)

If you already have the forms filled out and payment ready to go, you should be able to just drop them off and leave. Once your approval goes through, they will mail you a letter informing you of the approval. You then have to go back into the courthouse where they will take your picture and print your license (about a fifteen minute process when I did it).

I don't think it would hurt to have the reversal letter included with the application along with a brief discription of the reversal details. On the other hand, if the reversal is already through, why would you need to include it. You have the letter and can then protest your denial if need be.

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office is open M-F 8:30am-5:00pm. I was told when I applied for my LTCF, that they stop taking applications at 4:30pm, but that may have changed by now.

Good Luck!

(York County)

OK thanks. I appreciate the help

(Lancaster County)

I dropped my applacation off Mon. a week ago (the 18th.) was off work that day. Had the forms all filled out from a down load off there web site just had to sign them and pay my 25.00. I told the clerk that I had a reversal letter and would they want a copy, he said he didn't think so but he would put it wit my appl.Was told 2 weeks till I hear back, that should be sometime after next Mon. we will see.I was in and out of the court house in about 15 min. total, still had time on the parking meter.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone View Post
    I dropped my applacation off Mon. a week ago (the 18th.) was off work that day. Had the forms all filled out from a down load off there web site just had to sign them and pay my 25.00. I told the clerk that I had a reversal letter and would they want a copy, he said he didn't think so but he would put it wit my appl.Was told 2 weeks till I hear back, that should be sometime after next Mon. we will see.I was in and out of the court house in about 15 min. total, still had time on the parking meter.
    Update: just went out to my mail box and found a post card from the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office telling me my appl. has been approved and I can personally come in and pick-up my license.
    There turn around time was the two weeks just like they said.

(Bucks County)

Congrats!