Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Reserving your tree stand location?

Always seemed to me that am unguarded tree stand is ripe for theft. How do you all prevent that?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Always seemed to me that am unguarded tree stand is ripe for theft. How do you all prevent that?
    I have a cable lock on all of mine. Beyond that there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent theft.

(Juniata County)

I always do a loop around my property to See If anyone gifted Me a tree stand.

I've found some nice ones, but they always seem to belong to
    My neighbor. Who has permission to hunt. Hell, he never even took it down last year.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

First come first serve. Ruger I hunt the same woods from you time to time and see a ton of ladder and climbers stand all over. I tend to try to stay away, but when you see the same stands get used once or twice a season it's hard to ignore. In that case I'll move in and find a spot that suits me.

ps - if you have a stand up you may want to read this years rule book, you must "tag" your stand so people can identify the owner.

pss - leaving that orange tape all over the place drives me nuts, I take it down and throw it away at home where it belongs.

(Lancaster County)

The hunters never showed up on Saturday, nor did they take the orange tape down.
    I have 3 cable locks around my stand and almost every major part of my stand is marked with my PGC number using a silver sharpie.
    I also carried an 8' foot ladder in and hung a trail camera looking down on my tree stand from a tree too skinny for someone to get to.

IMG_0049_zpstgjlvybz.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsn1g3a1am.jpg
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Berks County)

Cable locks or any kind of lock is only a deterrent for someone to steal your stand. If they want it bad enough they will take it. I put a pad lock on each ladder section in place of one of the pins because it seems that someone has a fetish with ladder sections on one of the properties I hunt.

Almost every year a friend gains a tree stand on his private property. He keeps a bolt cutters in his truck and will take every stand down that doesn't belong on the property. Last year we found 2 stands about 75 yards apart the Saturday before rifle season. One was a nice summit buddy stand, that I tried to claim but lost out.

(Delaware County)

It's too bad that we have to go through this when we go out to hunt, relax and have a good time in nature. It would be one thing if it was animal rights people doing this (still not right) but other hunters...... For some that call themselves hunters it's all about "getting my Buck." Hopefully you have a peaceful and enjoyable season. Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234