Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default A question about Dover DE.

I have a Florida LTCF that's good for about another year and a half, and I know that covers me for CC in all (I know about the school zones) of DE. But without the FL (or other recognized licenses) I've heard that when you're CCing and enter DE, you have to take the gun out and put it in a visible place in the car. But what about Dover? Would you have to separate gun and ammo, or is it not allowed at all?
    Thanks for any and all help.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: A question about Dover DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    I have a Florida LTCF that's good for about another year and a half, and I know that covers me for CC in all (I know about the school zones) of DE. But without the FL (or other recognized licenses) I've heard that when you're CCing and enter DE, you have to take the gun out and put it in a visible place in the car. But what about Dover? Would you have to separate gun and ammo, or is it not allowed at all?
    Thanks for any and all help.
    Unlicensed open carry is permitted in (most of) DE, but it must be visible - hence the dash or passenger seat recommendation. You are licensed for CC, and are therefore OK to keep it on your person - concealed - as you wish.

IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Unlicensed open carry is permitted in (most of) DE, but it must be visible - hence the dash or passenger seat recommendation. You are licensed for CC, and are therefore OK to keep it on your person - concealed - as you wish.

IANAL
    Thank you, but my question was more about being unlicensed. When my FL license expires, and if I don't renew it, I would be good to keep the gun on the dash or seat, and to open carry in DE, except Dover, (or is open carry allowed in Dover?) If I enter Dover without a recognized license, would I have to put the gun in my trunk and ammo in the glove box? Or is it not permitted at all in Dover without an accepted License by DE?

(Jefferson County)

Thank you, but my question was more about being unlicensed. When my FL license expires, and if I don't renew it, I would be good to keep the gun on the dash or seat, and to open carry in DE, except Dover, (or is open carry allowed in Dover?) If I enter Dover without a recognized license, would I have to put the gun in my trunk and ammo in the glove box? Or is it not permitted at all in Dover without an accepted License by DE?
    Dover is like Philadelphia... Both open and concealed require a license/permit.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    So if I had no reciprocal license with DE, a handgun in your car locked in one box and ammo in another is a no no in Dover? I imagine having a gun in a car is considered concealed?
    Thanks very much.

(Jefferson County)

So if I had no reciprocal license with DE, a handgun in your car locked in one box and ammo in another is a no no in Dover? I imagine having a gun in a car is considered concealed?
    Thanks very much.
    No, concealed is concealed in DE. If it is in plain-view it is carried openly, the car is just a vehicle. That aspect is not like PA which criminalizes mere transporting in/on a car.

The reason for the dash or car seat is because then the firearm is in plain-view.

I'm not versed enough about transporting it unloaded/locked up in DE, but my spidey senses are saying that they probably have similar rules as PA. ....certain to/from exceptions.

If you can traverse around Dover, while not having any sort of licensing, you can have the firearm(loaded or unloaded) in plain-view.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I believe you are incorrect. Read through this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=308868

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    I believe you are incorrect. Read through this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=308868

Rick
    what he said. Times are changing.